Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going to need a ride to and from the WCC06
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
So, anyone from the Bay Area or a person passing thru will have an extra seat?

I can leave Thrusday...I'd like to be back by late Sunday night or very early Monday morning (wife has to work, I have to watch the girls)

Helping to pay for gas will not be a problem (as long as you get "reasonable" gas mileage, sorry Bernie, hahahaha)

SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 14 2006, 08:47 PM) *

I can leave Thrusday...I'd like to be back by late Sunday night or very early Monday morning (wife has to work, I have to watch the girls)

Helping to pay for gas will not be a problem (as long as you get "reasonable" gas mileage, sorry Bernie, hahahaha)

i'm going to have a rental car ... if you can stand my taste of music, you're welcome to ride with me ...

biggrin.gif Andy
skline
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 14 2006, 08:55 PM) *

i'm going to have a rental car ... if you can stand my taste of music, you're welcome to ride with me ...

biggrin.gif Andy

And that would be stuff like Barry Manilow, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra and so on right? av-943.gif
bernbomb914
Damn I thought I had a sucker

Bernie
GWN7

biggrin.gif Andy

I may be flying in instead of driving (will know after this weekend), do I have to dye my hair green if I jump in with you two? beerchug.gif
olav
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 14 2006, 11:46 PM) *

biggrin.gif Andy

I may be flying in instead of driving (will know after this weekend), do I have to dye my hair green if I jump in with you two? beerchug.gif

Just shave your head.
rhodyguy
...and put on your cutoff fatigue pants and combat boots.

k
McMark
Bruce, are you flying into the Bay Area? We could get a mini van. laugh.gif
Dr. Roger
Mike,

I have a proposition.

As you know I have the Tacoma w/trailer hitch and you have the 914 trailer.

Would you consider road tripping together?

If I can use your trailer to get my 914 up to Portland and we'd split gas, that might work out well.. I don't want to shake down my 914 on the way to Portland.. (only one more use on my AAA card) LOL

Whatcha' think??? beerchug.gif clap56.gif

Roger
Dr. Roger
i can color my hair green and pierce my tongue if you like????
GWN7
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 15 2006, 06:54 AM) *

Bruce, are you flying into the Bay Area? We could get a mini van. laugh.gif

I haven't decided what I'm doing car wise.

The 73 won't be ready by then. I'm sure I won't get all the bits back on by then.

The V8 car is my other choice, but it has trans issues. If I solve those I might take it. If the trans needs a rebuild that sort of blows the budjet.

Based on my last road trips fuel useage it will be $1200 for fuel and $600 for hotels & rooms to get there & back (+ 6 or more days on the road). I checked and I can fly to Portland and rent a car (convert) for 1/2 that.

*Just checked...SFO is almost the same cost

I have to book 14 days in advance...so I have a few days.

I do have the camo shorts and boots...the mid calf wool socks is another matter biggrin.gif
mikerose
bye1.gif Hi MikeM bye1.gif

MikeR
Mueller
I don't mind cruising with the kraut happy11.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif

Roger, you can use my trailer..no idea where it is right now blink.gif I think Andy has it, I know Felix needs to borrow it in the next few weeks to pick up his car from Tonys shop.

Hey Mike,

As tempting as that is, borrowing your car to make a 1200+ mile round trip is too much to ask....I'd hate for something to break or get ruined so far away headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.