Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC somebody hit my truck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dead Air
It's a pretty rough 1986 Toyota 4x4, 313,000 miles.
It was parked at a job site and a woman in a Windstar did a three point in the customers driveway and she freaked out at the on coming traffic. Gunned her moter and slammed into the drivers door and pushed the door jamb back about 1/2 an inch. The door won't open.
She took off but her husband called the police station later that day and admitted the accident.
I have an appointment at the collision shop/ ins. agents (same building) this morning, but I went, by chance to the same collision shop the day I got hit and the repair was estimated at $1444.00. If it's totalled how do I work the deal?
Take the check and hand them the truck? Take a portion and keep the truck for parts? The truck is drivable but even with the door replaced it needs alot of work: front bearings, a front brake caliper, shocks all the way around, and the rear diff is starting to make a bell sound.
Advice?
nomore9one4
If they total it they usually give the option to buy it back for whatever a scrap yard would pay them for it. You will however be given a junk title. Thats how it is in PA. Not sure about NY
VegasRacer
Take the money and run.
Sounds like it might be time to replace the old Toyota.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 15 2006, 08:03 AM) *

Take the money and run.

agree.gif

At 300K+ miles, that old dog has served you well. Take the money and put it down on a new (or at least new to you) truck.

Zach
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 15 2006, 05:03 AM) *

Take the money and run.

cool_shades.gif Sounds like lady luck came to visit, and sat on your face. Take the money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.