Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: YOU DON'T NEED A 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I've talked to a few people and there seems like there's a bit of confusion. If your 914 isn't running, come party with us anyway. The cars are only a small part of the expereience. Grab a plane ticket or bum a ride, but come up.
URY914
We rented a minivan but I'm going to enter the autox anyway. driving.gif
BigDBass
I wish. Maybe next year. sad.gif
Preggers threw a shoe at me when I suggested I just fly out for a couple days. "What if the kid's early?"
McMark
A good friend of mine flew out of state for a few days and their baby arrived the night he returned home. So experience tells me you'll be back in time. wink.gif
boxstr
Always plenty of 914 drivers going solo that will be mopre than happy to have a passenger that forgot to bring their 914.
Or if you only have a Hyundai to drive come on anyway. We don't care.
Craig
BigDBass
A good friend of mine flew out of state for a few days and their baby arrived the night he returned home. So experience tells me you'll be back in time.

Ok, Mark, I'll let you run that one by the walking hormone that is my wife! smile.gif
Dave_Darling
You may not need a 914, but you do need vacation time... sad.gif

Dammit, I'm going to miss another WCC! :cry:

--DD
TROJANMAN
There were alot of people at the RRC last year without 914's
They ALL had a a great time. smile.gif

It's the people, man. The cars are just something to talk about.
Jenny
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 15 2006, 09:36 AM) *

You may not need a 914, but you do need vacation time... sad.gif
--DD

agree.gif Can't get the time off, and really can't afford the time off either.
It's a shame. I've only driven through the PNW once, at night, half asleep. It looked beautiful. Another time, perhaps.

Jen
Mike D.
I will be there without my 914. I have been to all three WWC's and only once with my 914. It is a great time with and with out. I will be looking for rides or of course I will graciously test drive any one of the Camps 914s if need be. smile.gif

dinomium
isnt that the title to a Judist Priest song???
drunk.gif
boxstr
Plenty of rental cars here in the PNW for you to flog.
Craig
Flat VW
Any rental 914's in the area that NEED exercising?

:incantation:

John boldblue.gif
jim_hoyland
I couldn't bring a car, but know from last years WCC in Ventura, it's a great time. Flying up Thursday
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jun 15 2006, 10:15 AM) *

I wish. Maybe next year. sad.gif
Preggers threw a shoe at me when I suggested I just fly out for a couple days. "What if the kid's early?"

I feel you brother. Mine is due July 4th. I am affraid to tell her I want to go to the local AX for fathers day. Today her hormones told me to sell the teener and the bus sad.gif If I do that how will we get to next years WCC biggrin.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE(Flat VW @ Jun 15 2006, 07:31 PM) *

Any rental 914's in the area that NEED exercising?

:incantation:

John boldblue.gif

I PROMISE, I would NOT wreck, THIS ONE!

CCLINFRUITCAKE
boxstr
There might be a 914 and a Boxster and a 964, a Ford Ranger truck, a 31 Ford Roadster Pickup and a 29 Ford 2 door chopped sedan.
Be sure to get your own insurance and bring proof.
CCLINCAMPAVIS
Porsche Rescue
Better yet, I'll sell you the Bumble Bee Racer and you can drive it home.

JRCINYOUGOTEARPLUGS?
boxstr
We have a numer of people who are flying in from the east coast. Just a few are Ed Morow,Ury914,Grasshopper oh and Geoff Bleyseng who will be renting cars to drive while at the WCC in Portland.
Don't be afraid that just because you aren't in a 914 that you can't coem and play with the rest of us.
CCLINDRIVEITLIKEYOURENTEDIT
Bleyseng
No,no Craig. I am actually driving my car to an event this time. I came back from South America in time to attend. wavey.gif
Britain Smith
Speaking of people coming up from the Bay Area...I need a 911 decklid that I left at Mark's shop in Napa. Any chance someone making the drive up can haul it along...I can throw in some beers.

-Britain
McMark
Ummm, I can.... unsure.gif

tongue.gif
Britain Smith
Sweet. Thanks Mark.

In addition, I live about 15miles from PIR if someone needs a really cheap place (i.e. free) to stay. However, you might hear a crying 1 year old at one point in the night...

-Britain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.