Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caravan to WI/Il gathering anyone?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Julie and I plan to leave Portage Indiana around 8 am. With all the construction leading in to Chicago we are going to go around the city. Our route will be 80/94- 294-94 then on to Wisconsin. We will stop at the Lake Forest Oasis for a break around 10am ish depending on traffic. I know we will meet one 914er at the Oasis and might have one more with us. Dan how are those brakes coming along?

If you think you would like to join us please post here. You can't miss my car Orange with black stripes and a big number 70 on it icon8.gif driving.gif

My Cell is 219-730-6418
BigDBass
I'll chime in 2nd, since I think I'll be the 2nd car on the way to Lake Forest.

If I'm in the Jeep, I'll have to stay in the rear sad.gif

Cell is 708/288-BASS biggrin.gif

My eyes are literally swelling up with tears at the thought of not having the car done.
Bartlett 914
I am still in hopes I Linda and I can make it. I got pulled out of town (I am in Lousiana currently) to repair an intermittent problem. If all goes well, I will make it. Not sure where Lake Forest Oasis is. Is this North of Ohare? If so, maybe we can meet there. My cell is 847 612-2967

Mark

P.S.

Mike!! is your car running?
wbergtho
How's the weather shaping up for saturday? From what I see there is a 20-30% chance of T-storms. I hope not because I haven't installed any bilage pumps yet.

Bill
BigDBass
Hey Bill, if I could drive from Minneapolis to Chicago in the 'Monsoon of 06', you can make it to MukIWannaGo! tongue.gif

Dan
wbergtho
Yeah...but you don't have a hole in your front trunk!

Bill
736conver
Local weather looks good, the news this morning said rain isnt coming untill Sunday now. Its going to be a hot one though. Looking at possible temps in the lower 90's.
sk8kat1
I don't think I will be able to make it now ... mad.gif

dan -- the car runs good ... for a little while ... I ended up useing the TPS and the head sensor .. then it ran great .. the head snsor that was in it appeared to be roached.. the ohm meter registered a lower # than the new one ... but the issue is now that by hand when tring to put the new one in it just keeps turning never really gets thight.... and when I drive it for a while it starts acting up like it wants to die and gets on the hot side .. I pull over and it has walked itself loose .. I want to add a drop of loc-tite but not want to have it effect the way the sensor works .. I thpught maybe teflon tape , but thought it might melt ... confused24.gif dry.gif

so unless I can figure out how to make it stop walking itself out .. and no other thing pop up after that is fixed it's a no go ... also noticed that when it runs ok that on abrubt decel the rpms drop to nothing and wants to keep ding at a dead stop idle blink.gif
BigDBass
Guess who's back in action? smilie_pokal.gif
736conver
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jun 16 2006, 02:23 PM) *

Guess who's back in action? smilie_pokal.gif

WooHoo......See you tomorrow. Anybody have an ETA.
GaroldShaffer
Mark the Lake Forest Oasis is after Ohare. My cell 219-730-6418

Garold

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Jun 15 2006, 07:16 PM) *

I am still in hopes I Linda and I can make it. I got pulled out of town (I am in Lousiana currently) to repair an intermittent problem. If all goes well, I will make it. Not sure where Lake Forest Oasis is. Is this North of Ohare? If so, maybe we can meet there. My cell is 847 612-2967

Mark

P.S.

Mike!! is your car running?

Bartlett 914
I made it home in time. Linda and I are on for tomorror. See you there.

Garold. I will call you if I cannot make it to the oasis by 10 ish but I expect to be there.

Mark

driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif Mark - Dennis Raucci and his wife will be at the Oasis. Can miss his car Oragne with flares, a very nice car. We are leaving in about 30 min.

See Ya there.
BigDBass
woohoo
BigDBass
What is Dennis' member name? I wanted to ask him about and hopefully see a pic of his fire extinguisher mount in front of the passenger seat.
smontanaro
I was in Alaska and still have a backlog of about 800 club messages to get through. How'd the WI/IL get together go?

Skip
BigDBass
It was a blast, Skip.
There're some pics on the last 2 pages of this thread.

And more pics here.

Also, Garold's hosting a BBQ on 8/5. Details here.

Welcome home! smile.gif
BigDBass

Here're a couple shots of the caravan cars forming up at the Lake Forest Oasis in IL.
As Garold, Julie, and I pulled up, one became three, three became four, and then there were five. It was the most 914s I'd ever seen in one place (apart from Brad Mayeur's place) and we were on our collective way to meet more. I don't think I was alone in becoming very excited about the event.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.