Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How loose is too loose?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FZ6er
I am doing some transmission work and noticed that the clutch cable pulley that is attached to the tranny is very loose fitting on the bushing. There seems to be a lot of clearance between the pulley ID and the bushing OD that it rides on. I checked another old pulley and it seems to have about the same clearance. I didn't measure, but I would guess the clearance is around .050". Is this normal? Anyone else run across this? Should the pulley be replaced with a new one?
rhodyguy
there should be a little metal sleeve/bushing in the hole. do you have that?

k
rhodyguy
asdf
FZ6er
Yes, the sleeve is in there.
rhodyguy
does the threaded post the wheel spins on, the trans bracket, appear to worn? iirc mine wobble a bit, but not excessively.

k
FZ6er
The bushing fits pretty tight on the stud, it just appears the pulley hole is too large for the bushing. Maybe it just came that way and it was not suppose to be a closer fit. It doesn't look oblong or worn too much.
Allan
Mine wobbles pretty good but never had a problem with it...
Dave_Darling
It's not like it sees a lot of movement... And the axis of movement is pretty well constrained by having the cable well located.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.