Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brian Long's book: revised edition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JackB
Has anyone here purchased the second edition of Long's book, Porsche 914 914-6? I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra money if you already have the first edition. It looks like there are about 40-50 additional pages.

Thanks for your comments.

Jack
Air_Cooled_Nut
My current one is ©1997 and the page numbers go to 160. If the 2nd edition has extra pages it'd be nice to know what they include. Extra pictures would be nice but not worth it if those same pictures could be found from other sources.
9magazine
We received a copy of it from the publisher for review, not sure about the last version, but this one is filled with photos.

I should have it reviewed by the end of the summer. So far so good...

Brian Minson
9 Magazine
http://www.9magazine.com
rwjames
The new edition of Brian Long's book is awesome and a must have for 914 fans.

I just purchased the new edition this week from Motorbooks for about $53, but list price is $59.95. You may be able to find it cheaper, but I saw they had it in stock and I received it in about a week.

I have the original version, but the new edition is well worth the price. It now is 208 pages and includes over 200 color photo's where the other version just had a few pages of color pics. Some of the new color photo's are from the original sales brochures and include several photo's of my favorite 914 color, Ravenna Green. There are also several color photo's of interiors with various tartan cloth inserts. Nice flashback to the '70's.

I have a large Porsche book and brochure library and will probably keep the original version, but this new book is a great improvement and you gotta have it.

URY914
Are there any member's cars in it?
Gustl
QUOTE(rwjames @ Jun 17 2006, 05:15 AM) *

The new edition of Brian Long's book is awesome and a must have for 914 fans.

I just purchased the new edition this week from Motorbooks for about $53, but list price is $59.95.

could you - or anybody else wink.gif - tell us the ISBN number, please?

thanks!
wavey.gif Gustl
Gustl
many thanks !!

so it has to be this one, correct?

IPB Image

does anybody know if there is a difference in hardcover edition to paperback edition?
there is a big difference in price ...

wavey.gif Gustl
John
NorthBay, maybe it's me, maybe it's late, but that pic looks like it is straight from a model railroad layout.

The dirt/debris are too clean and organized, it is just out of focus enough that it looks fakey....

It's probably just me though.
davep
Just for John:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...4265&hl=diorama
John
I didn't mean any disrespect or anything. I had never seen this diorama before I saw the pic above. I couldn't tell if it was a very old pic or if it was from model land.

I love model layouts when done nicely, and that one definately looks to be done nicely.

I just hope that I didn't offend too badly. It was not my intent, I was just asking.

Sorry for the slight hijack as well........
JackB
Dragging this back on topic.....thanks for everybody's comments about the book. I just ordered it in hardcover from Amazon for $38 including shipping!

Jack
rwjames
I have the hardback version and it shows ISBN 13: 978-1-84584-014-3 and below that ISBN 1-84584-014-3.
Gustl
I received my book today smilie_pokal.gif

paperback edition for EUR 22 (free shipping) rocking nana.gif
bought it at http://www.play.com/

I just looked through it and in my opinion it's much better than the 1st edition
although I've found a mistake concerning the colour of a 916 happy11.gif

many thanks for the hint on this book

wavey.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.