Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where's all the german cars in this movie?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
About 250 specially prepped cars in this movie.

Quoted saying this one of the greatest car movies ever. (doubt it)

I'm still seeing it for all the speed wasting drifting sequences.

Hey, it looks kewl. =-)

piratenanner.gif
turboman808
If you ain't out of control you ain't in control. driving-girl.gif driving.gif
nebreitling
drifting is ice skating for metrosexual car guys.
Hammy
MTV ricer flick.
davep
German cars don't slide, they stick like glue as they are supposed to. dry.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jun 15 2006, 06:26 PM) *

Now that's funny. av-943.gif
Brando
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jun 15 2006, 06:26 PM) *

Welcome to my signature. wavey.gif lol2.gif
Dave_Darling
Check the credits at the end of the movie. Look under "Drivers" or "Stunt men". You'll see a very familiar name listed...

--DD
KaptKaos
Look HERE for the full credits.
So.Cal.914
"Where's all the german cars in this movie?" I would think 'Tokyo drift' would be

your first clue. I saw the drift races at the Long beach grand prix, very entertaining
Dr. Roger
yea', well there's a big block mustang in it soooo.... i try not to assume anything.... =-)
Dr. Roger
ok dave, give it up.... I no seeeeeee..... =-(
ninefourteener
I sat through FF1 in the theaters..... kinda like a Britney Spears Video...... great to watch..... horrible to listen to.

I sat through FF2, but waited till it came out on cable..... even WORSE acting than FF1 (if thats possible), less cars, an even bigger waste of film than the first.

FF3? You can't drift in a WRX.... nor a 914... or even my wife's Mazda 3......I think I'll save myself the misery and undeniable brain cell loss from watching it--LOL
drew365
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 15 2006, 09:04 PM) *

Check the credits at the end of the movie. Look under "Drivers" or "Stunt men". You'll see a very familiar name listed...

--DD

Tanner Foust?
Dave_Darling
Hmm... OK, I'll have to ask Uncle Dave why he's not listed!!

BTW, I thought the first movie was one of the best comedies that I had seen all year! But for some reason, nobody else in the theater was laughing...

--DD
effutuo101
agree.gif I was cracking up! It was a great piece of fluff. All of the little ricer girls and boys were all mad at me....I wonder if their mothers realize what they are doing with the hand me down cars. Out of the box most modern cars will be my 914 in a drag race. With the exception of a few, most of the ricers see what I am driving the name scares them...
rhodyguy
you actually paid money to see those flicks? you're lucky your attorney didn't have you committed to a mental hospital.

k
Jeff73
It's all in good fun. I go to watch those movies so I can make stupid quotes like "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" and get all the chicks!
mudfoot76
QUOTE(Hammy @ Jun 15 2006, 09:46 PM) *

MTV ricer flick.

agree.gif

And watch your news this weekend for another rash of street racing accidents dry.gif

Be careful out there
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 16 2006, 09:36 AM) *

you actually paid money to see those flicks? you're lucky your attorney didn't have you committed to a mental hospital.

That was pre-attorney. And I waited until the first one was on super-cheapie matinee. Still had a buncha ricers in the audience, though! Went to the second one because I new my uncle was in it. Regular matinee for that one.

I'm dumb, but I'm not stupid! wink.gif

--DD
guiltless
I love the whole "light cars with bald tires" crap. Good, controlled drifting uses a crapload of horsepower with very sticky tires. Light cars are helpful, but balance is everything.
Mueller
QUOTE(guiltless @ Jun 16 2006, 03:06 PM) *

I love the whole "light cars with bald tires" crap. Good, controlled drifting uses a crapload of horsepower with very sticky tires. Light cars are helpful, but balance is everything.

actually, they use sticky tires up front....the rear tires have a harder compound and are less sticky tire ...... burnout.gif
BigDBass
I just like movies with cars. Is that so wrong?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.