Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jet-Hot or similar coatings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lapuwali
I'm probably going to put Bursch headers on my 914-6 once I get that far. Since these things tend to rust in seconds, how much do the Jet-Hot and the like coatings cost?
boxstr
I had V8 headers, and complete exhaust system Jet Coated here in Oregon at RM Coatings for $400.
I would guess that your headers should cost around $100.
CCLINCOATED
736conver
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jun 15 2006, 10:58 PM) *

I had V8 headers, and complete exhaust system Jet Coated here in Oregon at RM Coatings for $400.
I would guess that your headers should cost around $100.
CCLINCOATED

I would be surprise to if you got you Bursch headers done for $100. When I looked into it last year I was getting qouted at $250 and higher. If you can get yours done for $100 let me know and I will send mine their too.
Also they do charge difference prices for new and used parts, unless you prep them yourself.
Here's a link to a price list. Its is Wisconsin but you get the idea.
http://www.classiccoatings.com/prices.html#headers

Series9
We're getting $250 for /6 headers. Here's Liz's Bursch headers finished:

cobra94563
I had V8 headers ceramic coated for around 150 about 3 years ago at a place in Concord, CA across the bay. Held up nicely. I think there is a place on the peninsula advertising on craigslist for powder coating and ceramic, too.

Once you mention "porsche" it goes up ... :-)
lapuwali
Thanks, Joe. Those are exactly the header's I'll use. If a place in the Bay Area can be named to do these, I'd like to know.
thesey914
What exactly is jet hot coating? I was toying with the idea of powder coating -although it would burn off near the heads i reckon further down the headers and the backbox muffler would last ok
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Jun 16 2006, 11:48 AM) *

What exactly is jet hot coating? I was toying with the idea of powder coating -although it would burn off near the heads i reckon further down the headers and the backbox muffler would last ok

Jet-Hot is a brand name of ceramic coating. I had it done to my six heat exchangers and bursch muffler here in Dallas. I didn't break out the cost from the powder coating that I had done at the same time.

It makes the exhaust look great and it doesn't get nasty looking after driving it for a while.

Don't powder coat the exhaust. You will end up with a stinky car as it burns off.......... icon8.gif
John
The Jet-Hot coating is a powder coat application using ceramic based (high temperature) powder. The coating is cured at a much higher temperature and allows it to be used in high temp applications.

They (jet-hot) have a few levels of coatings depending on what you are doing. For the most part, their sterling silver is high temp enough, but they offer one that does up to 2000 deg.

When jet-hot coats a new set of headers (inside and out) they warranty that set of headers for life. They abrasive blast the headers, coat them and return them to you.

Call or e-mail them to get a quote. It should be around $195-$225 for the sterling silver coating.

Jet-Hot has exclusive rights to the powder that they use, but other coaters have a similar powder that they offer.

just my $0.02

Grngoat
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 16 2006, 12:33 PM) *

Jet-Hot is a brand name of ceramic coating. I had it done to my six heat exchangers and bursch muffler here in Dallas. I didn't break out the cost from the powder coating that I had done at the same time.

It makes the exhaust look great and it doesn't get nasty looking after driving it for a while.

Don't powder coat the exhaust. You will end up with a stinky car as it burns off.......... icon8.gif

Clay, what was the name of the place that did yours? I have a set of Bursch's for my 6 that I need to get coated.
JPB
Its dirt cheap compared to the quality finish you will get. I wanna jet coat everything!

beer.gif Its the shizzit nizzit.
Series9
Now that's a worth-while comment.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Grngoat @ Jun 16 2006, 11:05 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 16 2006, 12:33 PM) *

Clay, what was the name of the place that did yours? I have a set of Bursch's for my 6 that I need to get coated.

It's in north Dallas, I don't remember the name (and don't ask me to find the receipt...)

Larry Dildine (sparetimetoys) used it for the powdercoating on his 928 engine before he dropped his project. He may remember the name.

Here's some picts of my exhaust after I got it back from them.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
brant
I think we used the upgrade coating from jet-hot and twas around 275

brant
racerx9146
If you want it done right use the real deal!

Jet-hot coatings http://www.jet-hot.com

I have used local power-coaters who state they do jet-hot coating, its not.... I have had very disapointing results.

Jet-Hot's prices are very reasonable. They coat the outside and inside of your headers. It you want thermal efficiency (more hp) its the inside that counts. The fact their coating looks better and is more durable than the imitators is a bonus.

When i redo my 914-6 exchangers the only place the will go is Jet Hot.

just my 2 cents

John

jhadler
I had a local company do my ceramic coating (high temp, matt black finish), of my headers and stub pipes and they cost around $250 for the whole package if I recall.

Haven't run 'em yet (hope to very soon), but I liked keeping it local and not having to pay shipping two ways.

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.