Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: did this car have ac?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
here- are those ac holes that have benn patched by where the batter lived? why is the engine tray cut out on the right side?
daktaklakpak
Looks like it to me.
BenNC
Yep, I counted 17 holes cut in my car for the addition of AC including most of the front trunk and some mangling of the shelf by the battery box.
BenNC
Oh yeah, the cut out is to make room for the compressor.
Aaron Cox
is there new metal available for that shelf?
also- where else do i look for holes other than the front trunk. (has been replaced)
MarkV
Aaron,

Is that the blue roller with the flares that I posted? Do you want me to go look it over for you?

The only major holes in A/C cars are in the front trunk & the notch in the engine shelf. The engine shelf is available from Restoration Designs. The rest of the holes are for lines & can be covered with rubber plugs.
DAS914
Just finished repairing my 73 2.0 which had AC. Holes can be found in the engine compartment, through the supports under the passenger side rocker panel, through the passenger side floor, in the left side of the gas tank compartment, through the left front inner fender and of course in the front trunk. It's a huge undertaking to repair all the holes, but you can virtually remove all evidence of the AC.

The engine tray is available through many sources, I got one from Restoration Design in Michigan. The part fit perfectly and was the easiest of any of the repairs. Also, most likely there is a portion of the passenger side engine tin missing.

Good luck, Mike

73 2.0
Aaron Cox
yes that is the blue flared car that you posted. i've been corresponding with the guy for a couple weeks. ill let you know. thankks, that would be much appreciated. the car was all taken apart but is now a "rollling chassis".
Aaron Cox
engine tin doesnt bother me- my GA 2.0 would go into that car anyway. my plan is to take most of the parts from my "decent" 2.0 and have a bitchin 71 flared car w/ a 2.0 and sideshifter
MarkV
I don't remember, does it come with all of the five lug conversion parts?
Aaron Cox
not that i know of....that is my plan tho wink.gif , comes wth 4 new koni's installed. flared rockerpanels, 916 front, some aftermarket spoiler, all kinds of good stuff.
rhodyguy
if you can find a good left side from a junker the "sweep" can be trimed to fit perfectly. no need to take out the whole shelf if you don't want to. mine was the same. i think i have picts of before it was painted. i'll look and post tomorrow if i find them.

kevin
Aaron Cox
mark- i emailed the guy for an address and a good time to show up. Ill PM you w/ details later. ill make it worth your while- somehow.

Thanks
Aaron Cox wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.