Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: good place to camp/rest/stop in Redding?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rcrgrl
my dad and i are trailering up to seattle next week. driving-girl.gif driving.gif we will each be driving a truck and trailer. we hope to hit redding by the end of the first day - like 11:59 pm (leaving from socal). was hoping maybe some of you nor-cal guys would have a suggestion for a good rest stop / truck stop any place to pull over on the side of the road and catch some shut eye.

thank you in advance!
porschecb
There is a rest nice rest area just outside of Redbluff. But could be a bit full if your real late. After that I think you have a bit of a drive for another one. A lot of big rigs take spots real quick. Hope you get lucky! Drive safe!
DanT
There is a rest stop just north of Willows.

Not all the way to Redding but about 1 hour shy.

there is also a truck stop in Corning CA.
Again shy of Redding.
rhodyguy
if you hit the tacoma area during rush hour, stop by my place and hang til traffic calms down. trying to drive thru seattle after 4 is futile.

k
rcrgrl
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 16 2006, 12:02 PM) *

if you hit the tacoma area during rush hour, stop by my place and hang til traffic calms down. trying to drive thru seattle after 4 is futile.

k

thanks!
the plan is to drop the corvette at gary emory's in mcminiville on wed afternoon - how long's the drive from there to pacific raceway?

thanks everybody for the input. we're gonna be absolutely wiped - especially since i doubt we are gonna be ready on time - so last thing i want to do is try and find a spot to sleep
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.