Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I dislike you guys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I have my car almost stripped down to a tub now. I was only going to repaint it but when looking at all of the anal 914 restoration threads and with every inch of the car inspected and painted, every part meticulously replated, and every item on the damn car replaced with better than new.

Having friends like Qarl with there new parts everywhere and a garage floor sterile enough to deliver a babies on.

All of you that put your 914's through major operations and post pictures of the progress.

I have been badly affected by all of you and im appearing to become just like you.

Now others will start disliking me for the same reason, sorry Miles assimilate.gif

Oh, and remind me to thank all of you when it's done.
BigDBass
a garage floor sterile enough to deliver babies

Hmm, maybe I can use that tidbit to convince Jackie we should remodel the garage in the next (um holy shit) 31 days.

And, yeah Chap, you hit the greasecap on the head: "hate 'em and thank 'em!"
drewvw
its true, its all true. When I first bought my 914 I thought, hey this will be fun I'll just enjoy it and blast around, no big deal.

Now I start and end my day thinking about not only what I will do to the current engine, but also what my next engine is going to be like.

you people are sick!
rick 918-S
hide.gif assimilate.gif
tdgray
NAW... Just look at my car.

She ain't no show winner... she's a driver. That's all it was ever intended to be.

Save the concourse restoration for the wine and cheese crowd... I'm going to get a beer3.gif
G e o r g e

as long as your now going all the way you better locate a celete bench in your

area. Andy can't be the only one with a perfectly level tub. this step should only

add 1, 3 day weekend to the rebuild happy11.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 16 2006, 02:20 PM) *

I have my car almost stripped down to a tub now. I was only going to repaint it but when looking at all of the anal 914 restoration threads and with every inch of the car inspected and painted, every part meticulously replated, and every item on the damn car replaced with better than new.

Having friends like Qarl with there new parts everywhere and a garage floor sterile enough to deliver a babies on.

All of you that put your 914's through major operations and post pictures of the progress.

I have been badly affected by all of you and im appearing to become just like you.

Now others will start disliking me for the same reason, sorry Miles assimilate.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Here's some more bling to keep you motivated, it's kinda like a full size model of the store bought models that you use to buy and build when you were a kid;
So.Cal.914
Yes it is an obsession a sickness and a curse, but it is mine. biggrin.gif
fitsbain
QUOTE(drewvw @ Jun 16 2006, 02:14 PM) *

but also what my next engine is going to be like.

I know I know

thumb3d.gif
iamchappy
Back again, power outrage raging storm one of my monitors got zapped I use the double setup. Thunderstorm hit just after i posted, guess what I did.... I went out in the garage with a flashlight and started pulling the wires out of the dash and switches I am very very sick, I wish I wasn't doing this right now, the shop called earlier this week and said my turbo engine is almost done.

There is no turning back I will end up with a car just like those Ive envied.
JPB
Yes, these chaps can drive you to perfection however, these cars are made to be driven. I can't wait to get my work in progress on the road with more flaws than a purist can shake a stick at. Be stong and get it on the road ASAP unless you have one to drive right now!

ph34r.gif Give into the dark side, join the Purist Minimalist movement!
drewvw
I went out in the garage with a flashlight and started pulling the wires out of the dash

ok, who else has woken up in the middle of the night and thought "If I go work on the engine right now, does that make me crazy?"
iamchappy
Purist Minimalist movement!

Thats it! How can I become a member before I am totally assimilated by the other group.
redshift
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 16 2006, 05:20 PM) *

idea.gif

DON'T WORK ON YOUR'S AND I WON'T WORK ON MINE.

Subsistance is fudal.

smile.gif

sheeplove.gif
redshift
QUOTE(drewvw @ Jun 16 2006, 11:45 PM) *

ok, who else has woken up in the middle of the night and thought "If I go work on the engine right now, does that make me crazy?"

I have done that, but it's usually "... if I want to drive anywhere tomorrow.."...

smile.gif

M
Lou W
QUOTE(JPB @ Jun 16 2006, 08:14 PM) *

Yes, these chaps can drive you to perfection however, these cars are made to be driven. I can't wait to get my work in progress on the road with more flaws than a purist can shake a stick at. Be stong and get it on the road ASAP unless you have one to drive right now!

ph34r.gif Give into the dark side, join the Purist Minimalist movement!

QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 17 2006, 06:48 AM) *

Purist Minimalist movement!

Thats it! How can I become a member before I am totally assimilated by the other group.

No, don't give in, you'll regret it later when someone notices that you took a short cut, just remember...Follow the light...light is good...dark is bad...DWD knew what he was doing pray.gif
Phoenix-MN
"Purist Minimalist movement!

Thats it! How can I become a member before I am totally assimilated by the other group."

Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated assimilate.gif
iamchappy
What if I compromise, keep all of the suspension, steering and brakes attached, and keep the wiring harness all balled up in a plastic bag in the cabin that way it is still a roller and will keep me from going overboard, plus get me on the road faster.

Paul I must resisist total assimulation, you have been staring at your teener unfinished and can marvel at is perfection. But you also have a 911 that you can still drive.

I must see the 914 Turbo monster on the road this summer, it will kill me to have to wait till next year to fire it up, once assimlulated completely, there is no end in site and no running car to enjoy.

I am going out and work on the car now and hopefully stop before it's to late.

ar15.gif assimilate.gif
pek771
Chap:
Resist the temptation to put your car on jackstands such that they become permanently attached to the chassis. Just put it back together.

If you need someone to shake the bugs out of that 3.0, you can send it here. I can stick it in one of my engineless cars (with wheels on them) until yours is ready.

Pat
william harris
Resistance is futile assimilate.gif
Lou W
The problem I see is that you're gonna need to remove the suspension to install these parts:

Elephant Racing Suspension Components

And since you have them out you'll need to have them powder coated, then what about the rest of the underside? You can't leave it dirty. wacko.gif
iamchappy
Almost naked but still wearing her socks and shoes.

I hate all of you.......but I still love ya....................
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(william harris @ Jun 17 2006, 03:07 PM) *

Resistance is futile assimilate.gif

We are dyslexic of Borg......

Existence is futile...

Your ass will be laminated.

av-943.gif
JPB
av-943.gif LOL Laminate my ass to cover the hairs.
iamchappy
I will finish up with pulling the last of the wiring harness in the engine bay, then off to the body shop. Finally I will have a nice 914 again.
redshift
Damned you! I thought we would agree to NOT WORK ON CARS!?

M
iamchappy
Sorry Miles, to much invested at this point to turn back. "I will"....have a very nice looking, and insanely fast running turbocharged 3.16 IMSA type spec 935 twinplug 420 hp 914 with all the bells and whistles, "because I have tooooooo"!.

It wont be as nice as Qarls in regards to being sanitary, but because his and others like him who have been assimilated and have brought there cars to a to a level to please God, I will be saved from this utter madness by not going to that extreme.

Purist minimalists unite.(as long as it's turbocharged)! Forgive me.
KaptKaos
You know, while you are in there, you should.... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.