Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs center caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
With Fuchs 4 bolt alloy wheels on 73 2.0

Need 4, I measure id of hub opening as 2 1/4".

Have seen them advertised 2 3/8 to 3 1/4.

How many different sizes are there? Anyone have them for sale??
Aaron Cox
bigger ones are lame aftermarket for AE wheels
TheCabinetmaker
Fuchs, Mahles, and Pedrini all used the same center caps. 2 1/4" IIRC
Howard
Thanks! Anyone have a set?
TheCabinetmaker
About $75-$85 ea. thru the parts sites
Aaron Cox
more like 24-30 apiece! 120 bucks for a factory set OE
Elliot_Cannon
Performance Products latest catalog #54P, page 48. Part#914.361.303.03
Cheers, Elliot
seanery
the guy on ebay sells a billet set for about a hundred bucks.
pat4
We have the same problem in France. The OEM part is about 30 Euros (actually $34) and in thin metal sheet that can be easily crumpled.

So we decided to remanufacture them in solid aluminium. I received yesterday the result and it is really impressive. The caps perfectly fits the wheel, there are two holes for a little screw that block the cap from the back. We only have to polish them and they will absolutely look like original ones.

Here are first pics

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Brad Roberts
These look really nice. Much better than the cheap stock ones. Thanks for posting the pics Pat. clap56.gif

We will knock them off here in the states...LOL

B
pat4
I will polish one this week-end, mount it on a wheel and publish a pic on next Monday
JWest
I'd be a little concerned about the thickness of the part that sticks in the wheel. There is very little clearance between the wheel and the grease cap on the front. If that fits in there, then those look perfect!
Howard
Sure, now you tell me. rolleyes.gif

Just received billet caps from www.vwispwest.com

Their part # RS-CAP914

$76 + shipping on ebay. Nice people, very well made product, but does require a bit of moto tool trimming to clear dust caps. Had to shave OD a hair also, but that's better then losing them over a bump.
Brad Roberts
Thanks for the link to the site. I will soon visit them. This is exactly what I want to do with a Porsche shop (restoration facility).

B
redshift
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 30 2003, 06:35 AM)
We will knock them off here in the states...LOL

B

We can outsource them, to a Malaysian company, that will have them made in a Honduran sweatshop.

M
pat4
According pics available on ISP West website, the caps are simplified repro with a flat top ... Watch the difference with ours and original ones. And ISP caps do not have screw blocking system ...

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

ISP West center caps pictured here
rhodyguy
with the flat tops, the porsche crest stick ons would be gone in no time.

kevin
Howard
Agreed. The lip is more original, and I would have ordered if I saw them first. Just got tired of looking at holes.

Pat4. Just by eyeballing, bet you will need to reduce ID a bit. Try fitting cap with wheel on car.

rhody. Here's the stuff to get to cure that problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.