Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 Seatbelt upgrades
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
I have to agree with my wife that the current seatbelts in the green car are substandard, since the shoulderbelt is gone and the waistbelt is for a child or small goat!

So I want to upgrade, but I have no idea where to go... 98% street use and 2% run around cones S L O W L Y!
What have you guys done? I have the fixed passenger seat and dont really want to loose it. Please post with pix if you got em!

Cheers,
markb
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jun 16 2006, 03:20 PM) *

I have to agree with my wife that the current seatbelts in the green car are substandard, since the shoulderbelt is gone and the waistbelt is for a child or small goat!

So I want to upgrade, but I have no idea where to go... 98% street use and 2% run around cones S L O W L Y!
What have you guys done? I have the fixed passenger seat and dont really want to loose it. Please post with pix if you got em!

Cheers,

I was able to put a retractable belt from the rear of a Volvo station wagon to use on the driver's side. I have not tried to come up with anything for the passenger side. The main problem there being the lack of room for mounting. On the driver's side, you can mount on the floor where the normal mount is, and since the belt is from the rear of a car, the belt itself is long enough. Sorry I'm not more help.
SirAndy
just get a nice early style 3-point non-retractable ...

i actually like them better than the later style retractables that *never* ever work right anyways ...
cool.gif Andy
mskala
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 16 2006, 10:57 PM) *

just get a nice early style 3-point non-retractable ...
agree.gif
Bug type are cheap, period looking and effective.
dinomium
thanks guys, I will investigate further like here: Seatbelts only
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.