Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rennsport shifter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
just wondering is there any tricks i should know.....before i knock myself out...on adjusting the shifter......
this is the last and final step before.....my 914 has been re-born a six...err ready for the road test..... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
736conver
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jun 16 2006, 06:48 PM) *

just wondering is there any tricks i should know.....before i knock myself out...on adjusting the shifter......
this is the last and final step before.....my 914 has been re-born a six...err ready for the road test..... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Is this a rennsport or a rennshifter. I would imagine most shifter would be close to the same. Here are the instructions for the rennshifter. These are the same ones I used for my rennshifter and it worked great. Striaght from the jwest site.

Perform shifter adjustments in the center plane allowing the shifter springs to set the center location.

Engaging 2nd gear (901) or 3rd gear (915) will expedite the process. Fore-aft adjustment is determined by the reverse lockout, and will often benefit from a road test to ensure proper operation in a dynamic environment.

914 side shift: Adjustment requires trial and error to match the center plane of the shifter to the 2nd/3rd gear plane. A road test with tools to check and adjust the shift from 1st to 2nd is often the best method.

Adjust Gear Stops
After the adjustment is complete, loosen the locknuts and adjust the gear stops.

Hold the gearshift as far as it will go in gear and turn the socket head set screw until it just touches the shift stick. Back the screw away to leave a slight clearance and tighten the lock nut.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.