Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need **HELP** anybody got 2 doors i could borrow?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
kinda short notice ... bye1.gif

anybody out there that could swing by scott's shop in palo alto tomorrow with preferably two doors and mounting bolts.
or, at least a pass. side door ...

anybody? please?

the /6 tub is almost ready but we want to double check the door gaps and being the genius i am i left the doors on my red car when i trailered it up to mcmark's ... headbang.gif

i'll be there (at scotts) early, 10am sharp ...

please?

i'll buy you lunch and dinner and beer!
boldblue.gif Andy
Dave_Darling
Does it matter if the doors are currently bolted up to a car??

And if that's OK, how long would it take to get the job done and them bolted back on to my car again?

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 16 2006, 06:49 PM) *

Does it matter if the doors are currently bolted up to a car??

And if that's OK, how long would it take to get the job done and them bolted back on to my car again?

--DD

no, i doesn't matter much. i'd just hate to see your good doors get scratched or worse ...

we'll probably need them for an hour or so ...
smile.gif Andy
Terrance
Andy,

I have 2 doors at home here in Milpitas. They function and have all the hardware. I can let you borrow them as long pick up. (no means of delivery here).

I also have 2 doors that are gutted, but no door handles I can donate. I'd rather give those away since I don't need them anymore.

let me know since I will be out early tomorrow morning, returning around 10am.

pete-stevers
Andy
I wish i could....but i am a l...o...n...g.... ways away
they are yello so you would be garenteed to be faster
Sorry
SirAndy
QUOTE(Terrance @ Jun 16 2006, 08:42 PM) *

I can let you borrow them as long pick up.

i don't really have the means of pickup ... sad.gif but thanks for the offer! smilie_pokal.gif

smash.gif Andy
dimitri
Well its almost 11 am but if you still need them, I am in Cupertino, no clue
where Scott is, but I could be there in 30 minutes. So call 408 257 0344. Dimitri
SirAndy
thanks for all the offers guys! beerchug.gif

Dave Darling came by and let me borrow his pass. side door! smilie_pokal.gif

thank you dave, i owe you one!
boldblue.gif Andy

PS: tech quiz: can you name 12 things wrong with this blue 914?

spare time toys
Wipers go the wrong direction
no left door
not the correct shade of blue
its Daves not mine
tires are a little thin on tread
bad seals on the top
you know who sitting where he is is loading the long on that side in a undue way rerndering the car scrap and now must be the guest of honor at a swazall party sawzall-smiley.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 17 2006, 08:32 PM) *

PS: tech quiz: can you name 12 things wrong with this blue 914?

I can name about 35... sad.gif Plus another couple'a handfuls of things I can't figure out at all!

A few of them are from the "DPO" (Dreaded Previous Owner), and some of them are just wear or things that happen. But by far the largest share are COB-induced (Current Owner Bozo).

Hey, it does run. For now. wink.gif

I'm glad we found those race doors, though. Uhh, I mean you found--all I did was help haul them down from the Big Parts Stash. (And thanks to The Pros there for suggesting that Scotty might have a dozen doors up in the stash!) The FG-skinned ones sure were easier to deal with than the full metal ones, that's for sure!!!

Hey, I've almost got my door panel back on....

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.