Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How come nobody requested pics on 9/24?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimT
show us your 924 pics
Aaron Cox
watercooled! laugh.gif
redshift
huh.gif
TheCabinetmaker
92what?
tracks914
did you say sunbird?
GWN7
ok laugh.gif The boys winter school project
GWN7
Note the factory installed crest. I was told that it means it's a real Porsche IRP not a NARP laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
because they are ugly laugh.gif
GWN7
1 more just because it probably will be the only one posted here laugh.gif

Note the almost matching NARP in front of it. smile.gif
TimT
hehehe keep em coming
EdwardBlume
I liked 924s when I was 10. Then I turned 11. cool.gif
KaptKaos
I liked 924s when I was 10. Then I turned 11.

What's the deal here people?? Don't we hate it when those pukey 356/911 snobs look down their noses at our 914s? When they won't share their wine and fine cheeses with us? Who are we to turn our backs on 924 fan.

What did they say about the 924 in its day? Underpowered (sound familiar), not a Porsche engine (ok, this time it was an Audi engine that was used in the Gremlin). Gee that sounds fairly familiar.

Remember the 924 turbo was the basis for the 944 and the 924S was a fine car in its own right.

Aw heck, I don't like 'em much either. But who am I to say that someone shouldn't like them.

Rant off.

- Joe
Queenie
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Oct 1 2003, 06:51 PM)
But who am I to say that someone shouldn't like them.

I'm with you, Kaptain. They're not my bag, but hey - I'd rather see more Porsches on the road than less, even if they're not the Porsches I myself would buy.
dakotaewing
Talk about a bastard stepchild..... LOL

Thom
Andyrew
A 924 is to hard to keep running decent, and expensive to fix.
I dont hate them, there just not my cup of tea..

I ran across this one after a swap meet..
KaptKaos
I ran across this one after a swap meet..

That one is rice, er, nice.

- Joe
Jake Raby
It has a radiator. Porsche's Don't have radiators!

But then again, I'm the kind of guy that believes that Real Carreras have 4 camshafts!!
thesey914
I do detect a hint of irony in all these 924 posts wink.gif
thesey914
Anyway i reckon the 924 is a very handsome beast (in GTR format)
thesey914
/me salivates......
URY914
Go to AUDI.com I bet they posted there. laugh.gif
redshift
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 2 2003, 10:59 AM)

But then again, I'm the kind of guy that believes that Real Carreras have 4 camshafts!!

Real Carreras DO have 4 cams

M
Targa
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 2 2003, 06:59 AM)

New fangled Porsche's have radiators sad.gif
redshift
QUOTE(Targa @ Oct 2 2003, 05:47 PM)
New fangled Porsche's ..........

Are they still making cars? I didn't know.

M
Targa
QUOTE(redshift @ Oct 2 2003, 02:13 PM)
Are they still making cars? I didn't know.

Havent you seen the new Ultra-trendy Gotta keep up with the Jones' sipping my Starbucks Latte while driving the kids to school and soccer practice in my New
Porsche Cayenne Turbo. That should be the new ad campaign. Or how about "There is no substitute for expensive wine & cheese"
GWN7
Am I the only one here that had a 924? Or the only one who admits to it? laugh.gif

I picked it up for $300, spent another $300 on parts. The boys job is to sand/prep it for paint and his uncle will paint it at his body shop for free. The insurance is another $450 for the year. Grand total $1050. If it lasts a year, that's pretty cheap transportation for the boy.

I just want to be there when he trys to put 3 of this 6'+ buddys in it. The back seat is almost big enough for a couple 914world.com gear bags. laugh.gif

Originaly I was going to do a SBC transplant into it, but found out that the extra HP would shake the body apart, not to mention tearing the axle/tube to pieces.
dsmeyer
pain30.gif I had one of those once ... oh yea, it just happened to be brown.

Also had a 944 once ... once.
larryp
So I guess 9/28 was out of the question.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 2 2003, 03:53 PM)
Am I the only one here that had a 924? Or the only one who admits to it?

we had one of the '76-1/2 Martini & Rossi World Championship cars; it was fine, although it had an exhaust rattle we could never quite eliminate. needed a 4 speed, never liked the disk/drum brakes that i think were better suited to the Audi the car was originally supposed to have been... weight, lack of power, and suboptimal gear ratios meant fuel ecomony was disappointing. had it a couple of years and sold it for about what we paid for it.

924 ruled in D-Production for a while, until SCCA wised up to Porsche's "limited edition" gambit; the GTS was quite the nice car, did okay at Le Mans IIRC. i saw a 924 Turbo on the road about a year ago, they were okay except the first cars still had the funky 2-tone paint and the disk/drum brakes - we'd seen them in Europe, put a deposit down based on those cars, saw the first truckload come in at the dealer, got our check back ...

i'm thinking all the good 924 Turbo pictures will just be posted on 9/31 :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.