Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I want new Dash cables for the heater/defroster/fresh air
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I'm detailing out JLO right now. One thing I'm trying to decide on is putting the fresh air box back in under the cowling and hooking up the flapper boxes to move fresh air.

Whoever sprayed bedliner all over JLO's front and rear trunks did a number on all the ventilation boxes and hardware. If I go back in I want new cables. Where can I get a set of these? (all 3 of them) The old set can be made to work, but the sheathing looks like shit. I want new.

Thanks,

Bill P.
GWN7
why not just get a used set without any crap on them and do a "rebuild".......wash with solvent and spray new graphite inside them
nine14cats
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 16 2006, 10:01 PM) *

why not just get a used set without any crap on them and do a "rebuild".......wash with solvent and spray new graphite inside them

That's what I intend to do if I can't find new ones. I just figured while I'm in there I would put new cables in since it's not the most convenient thing to do.

Thanks,

Bill P.
So.Cal.914
There is lots of places that sell cable that you could make your own, or have

them made. Just keep your old ones for templates.
SirAndy
EASY

European Auto Salvage Yard
Porsche Parts and Accessories
4060 Harlan Street
Emeryville, CA 94608
tel.: 510 653-3279

smile.gif Andy
914Sixer
The plastic duct work is NLA from Porsche. I checked several months ago. The only place is I know that has the complete ventalation controls was AA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.