Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opinion on a bet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
proto31
Allright, I have a bet with this looser on our board. The bet was" "$100 to the man who drives their car to the other's house first." I thought, and still beleive that my car meant the car that I currently was working on. The other guy (looser) thinks that he can get another car and drive it down to my place and collect on the bet. He says that he will be taking a few parts from his original car and putting them on this new car, making it "his car." Just wnated to get a consensus as to what you guys think...
Aaron Cox
he is a tool...

cars you both are working on.
elwood-914
stromberg.gif
tomamafone
Clearly it meant the car you were working on.
nebreitling
he's wrong. steal his wife and keep your $100.
So.Cal.914
That was understood (the cars that you guys are working on) but some people

lose badly so they will do anything to win (in their own minds anyway). Even

if they lose in the end.
SirAndy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jun 16 2006, 10:43 PM) *

steal his wife and keep your $100.

agree.gif
jimtab
I have only 3 words of advice....Low Yield Nuke...... devil.gif
ejm
my car = camry

you both lose biggrin.gif

redshift
I'll bet next time you won't bet anything.

M
highways
Hey Mr. Spin Doctor.

Nice accurate and balanced reporting you're giving everyone here. I like how you minimize any work I will have to do just to get a 914 running and drivable. "Take a few parts, and put it on his new car..." As if I'm just going to buy a running car #2, put the old stereo in it from my first car #1 and drive down to your place blasting the song "Money" by Pink Floyd. rock_band.gif

Yeah whatever Columbo! I'm getting a parts car. Because my car needs parts. That's how it's done. Unless I'm going to open my own sheet metal factory- I think just about everyone on here knows the issues of taking two broken and non operating cars, combining the best of both, and having a new car that you can call 'your own'.

Very best case scenerio (which has your panties in a bunch) mrs.K.gif is that the parts car I'm getting turn outs to be a no rust roller. Currently I have zero information on this parts car coming my way other then I do know for a fact that the engine is shot. And I also know that my engine turns over in my current car #1. Now just what exactly is going to be involved in creating one drivable 914 between the two? I don't know yet. But it ain't easy ColumboProto. I may still be facing tons of fun welding and chassis work on either car plus who knows what (currently the trailing arm is rusted off of car #1).

By the way, Mr. Spin Doctor burnout.gif , how many parts cars do you have feeding your project? I seem to recall you have an abundance of junk from which to pick and choose everything you need. 3 914-6 steering wheels, two or three targa tops, lenses up the ying yang, double of this- triple of that, and quadrupal of the good stuff! And fenders and body parts coming from one or more donner cars to be! Hell, your PO was offering to hacksaw a 1970 914 into pieces just to help you get some fenders you're missing- then he was going to chop the rest into small enough pieces to hide the crime of 914 murder in the trash dumpster at his work! We don't like your evil plans of 914 extermination here on the club.

Look- the bet is plain and simple. Whoever can succesfully drive their 914 to the other guys house first wins. End of story. If I take my current engine and put it into a roller... and fix whatever else needs fixing like brakes, fuel lines, suspension, electrical, ect... ect.... and license that now operational car with the DMV, then it is MY CAR. And when I do drive it to your house you can pay up like a man, or cry like Miata owner.

By the way loser, you don't spell loser- 'looser' KMA.gif

Would you like some cheese with your wine? Cause it sounds like you're ordering the buffet!! chowtime.gif
DNHunt
Get the parts car both of you examine it and then decide if the bet is still on. Then go double or nothing car makes it home.

Dave
Joe Bob
Get a rope....get a room....
SLITS
I must be really bored if I'm reading this. Gad, I think I'll go give myselfan enema.
redshift
lol

It almost looks like a ruse... but then I know that you and Howard don't have that big a vocabulary..

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.