Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Met two local 914 owners this week
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ejm
The guys at work have been seeing a red 914 around town since last fall and I finally caught up with him after someone spotted the car at a business. Original owner of a '73 1.7 he bought new at the local dealer. It was off the road for a while, last year he did all the needed mechanical work and this year it get a little rust repair and paint.

Then yesterday afternoon a real nice red '76 pulls into the shop for a state safety inspection. Local guy just bought it, happy to have a 914 again after a 30year dry spell. Car's had a recent bare metal restoration and has a 2.2 still running D-jet.

They both have looked in on the club.... So John and Tom if you're out there sign up and say Hi!

yea... I know... TTIWWP rolleyes.gif
jim_hoyland
welcome.png

Post some pics...
redshift
Yes! Pics!

We can't read, so don't bother with a story...

M
scottb
cool ed! add some more to the nor-east contingent.

family and i may be heading up mass way this summer to visit. will have to stop in and say hi.

cheers,

scott
ejm
Scott... the new guy lives minutes from your old house

didn't have my camera handy so I don't have any pics to post..... headbang.gif
pfierb
QUOTE(ejm @ Jun 17 2006, 06:22 AM) *

The guys at work have been seeing a red 914 around town since last fall and I finally caught up with him after someone spotted the car at a business. Original owner of a '73 1.7 he bought new at the local dealer. It was off the road for a while, last year he did all the needed mechanical work and this year it get a little rust repair and paint.

Then yesterday afternoon a real nice red '76 pulls into the shop for a state safety inspection. Local guy just bought it, happy to have a 914 again after a 30year dry spell. Car's had a recent bare metal restoration and has a 2.2 still running D-jet.

They both have looked in on the club.... So John and Tom if you're out there sign up and say Hi!

yea... I know... TTIWWP rolleyes.gif

Hi Ed, You are like a magnet for 914's.....I almost never seem to run into 914 lovers in this part of Connecticut except for the guy who pulled up along side me at a light driving the worlds biggest dump truck, yelled down "cool car got one of them at home"gave me an thumbs up, and then roared off belching smoke.....Got a real smile out that way better than the Rolex watch dude.
Happy Fathers Day
Paul
Sparky
QUOTE(ejm @ Jun 18 2006, 06:19 AM) *

didn't have my camera handy so I don't have any pics to post..... headbang.gif

How's that possible?! I don't think I've ever seen you without the camera!

Mike D.
Bleyseng
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ejm
QUOTE(pfierb @ Jun 18 2006, 07:34 AM)

Hi Ed, You are like a magnet for 914's.....

I think you're right... couple of weeks ago I had a blue '74 1.8 come in the shop. Owner had the car painted and after the body shop reassembled the lights nothing worked. So then he took it to a Saturn dealer wacko.gif and they "rewired" it but still nothing worked. What a mess!!

QUOTE(Sparky @ Jun 18 2006, 09:49 AM)

How's that possible?! I don't think I've ever seen you without the camera!

you got me there.... won't happen again biggrin.gif
ejm
Tom stopped by work today and we took each others '76 for a ride. His car drives as good as it looks. Put it up on a lift and gave him his first good look at the underside, real nice solid car. Hope to see him signed up here soon!
Brad Roberts
VERY COOL

welcome.png

Glad you have some new friends up there Ed!!

Hope all is well with you and your family.

B
TOMV
Hi Ed,
You took really nice pictures of my 914 Porsche,
I enjoyed driving your '76 "914"
Have a great trip to Washington State
Tom
r_towle
I think I met them at the recent Litchfield show...

Great car, gereat people...his wife said...all the kids are done...we decided to splurge on ourselves...its a super clean car...

Rich
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(TOMV @ Jul 3 2006, 07:04 PM) *

Hi Ed,
You took really nice pictures of my 914 Porsche,
I enjoyed driving your '76 "914"
Have a great trip to Washington State
Tom

welcome.png
johannes
VERY NICE CAR !!!!

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.