Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My First 914; looking to tighten it up....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Virgil
It has the following already on it:
1974 PORSCHE 914 2.0, REBUILT 2.0 ENGINE WITH 12,000 MILES. S/S EXHAUST HEAT EXCHANGERS. DELLORTO 40 MM CARBS WITH CB PERFORMANCE MODS. MSD 6A BOX WITH REV LIMITER, MSD COIL.NEW BRAKES, NEW FRONT ROTORS and NEW 19 MM MASTER CYLINDER.NEW SEAT COVERS, COMPLETE 2.0 LITER FACTORY FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM, WITH BRAINS, MANIFOLDS, INJECTORS, PRESSURE SENSORS, WIRE HARNESS and FACTORY AIR CLEANER SYSTEM.TWO PORSCHE FACTORY ASSEMBLY MANUALS. COMPLETE PORSCHE 914 FACTORY REPAIR MANUALS ON MICRO FICHE, WITH MICRO FICHE READER.BOXES OF SPARE PARTS, CLUTCH, FLYWHEEL, AXLE, CV JOINTS, DASH GAUGES, FUEL INJECTION PARTS, DELLORTO SPARE CARB PARTS. FRONT TO REAR WIRING HARNESS, UNCUT. SPARE 901 TRANSMISSION. 100?S OF OTHER PARTS.

The owners dad is also a porsche mechanic and built the custom exhaust. The fuel pump was relocated to the front of that car due to temp. issues, also that is what that little red switch is for on the right of the steering wheel. I want to tighten up the suspension (new bushings, adjustable shocks and springs and anti-roll bars). I think it has minilites on it (6-spoke wheels that look very similiar) and I am not sure what tire combo (something else I want to address, what is the max tire size that I can fit on there w/o modifying the body fenders (something I am considering now). The engine is as far as I want to take it for now, focusing on the stuff that will really make it a momentum car (autocross is my goal). Engine is like polished aluminum, it looks beautiful. The owner told me if I want to do any work on it he is glad to set a date and go work on it over a couple beers (porsche mechanic of 15 years).

Body mods (have a rear lip spoiler but I want a race airdam for the front
SS brake lines and some cross-drilled rotors and new pads
New Tires/Wheels (maybe on the wheels)
New Shocks/Springs/Struts/anti-roll bars/ball joints (koni for the shocks)
Coilovers available?
Fiberglass fenders
Chassis Stiffeners (Light Roll cage/bar to put in the cabin and strust to put on the shock mounts)
Anyway to easily lighten it? (fiberglass or CF hood)

I am just curious were the hell people get parts for these things, I can't find them anywere. The online store here is out of commision for now.

Bleyseng
Looks nice!

For shocks, Jason at Paragon Parts has the Koni Sports including the perches and springs for the rears and the front shocks.
Brakes, click on the club store and get the billet hubs so you can install the 911 rotors (vented) and bigger calipers
Wheels, looks like you have aftermarket ones (empis) so switch to Fuchs or Mahles to get the right offset for 205x50x15" tires of your choice. Look in the 914 classifieds
Sway bars, camber plates, and suspension bushings are at SmartRacingProducts.com

Yes, there are front and rear hoods available to lighten the car that are reproduced to match the 914/6 GT's.

You can browse for parts at PelicanParts.com, GPRParts.com(call to order), or Autoatlanta.com
Virgil
Already digging threw pelican parts for what I want.... didn't realize they had such a comprehensive selection. They have a front air dam that looks just for what I want.

Looking for a decently livable Roll cage to put in that u can still "live with" for street driving.

The wheels are fine, if they are minilites then that is what I was shooting for, if I decide to bumb out the fender flares then I will get larger ones to fit the increased clearance.

I will check on paragon parts, they look like they have a good selection. I am going to contact the previous owner tommorow and find out what I might need refurbishing wise for the suspension (I am overseas at the moment in S. Korea, the car is back home in WA state).
Bleyseng
Also, check out ElephantRacing.com for suspension parts. The poly/bronze bushings are really nice.
Virgil
Yeah, I like thise alot, been eyeballing hte Konis as my shock choice, I like hte adjustablity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.