Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Autocross at Ft. Devens
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw

Me and my buddy jim decided to cruise down to Ft. Devens today and check out the PCA autocross. Hung out with r_towle for a bit and his son. Great day for autocross, the weather was fantastic....

drewvw
rich (r_towle) gearing up for a run and then dishing out some sage like advice for his son (rocket). Great to hang with you guys today!
drewvw
asdf
drewvw
asdf
drewvw

this lady had some skillz and a nasty teener to match
drewvw

very cool and original /6....
drewvw
the ride home. Boston skyline peeking in from behind the treeline
mskala
I'm #75. Somehow I didn't notice you. Day went great for weather and other than losing a flapper valve on the way there (and finding it on the way home) no problems.
drewvw

your car is nice, I thought I recognized it from the site before. I'm going to start swinging by the events so next time....

urge to autocross increasing.....
Sparky
Hey Rich Grimace looks great!
mskala
Definitely come by, PCA will be there July 1 AND 2.

Here is my video from the event. (I had the fastest 914 there,
the green one has great drivers and better tires, but the
gearing of my -6 was better for this course. thumb3d.gif

914-6 Video, Autocross 06/17, 20Mb
drewvw

That video is sweet...I will definitely come back this summer. I might run too later on, need to shore up my shifting first....
turboman808
QUOTE(mskala @ Jun 18 2006, 03:46 PM) *

Definitely come by, PCA will be there July 1 AND 2.

Here is my video from the event. (I had the fastest 914 there,
the green one has great drivers and better tires, but the
gearing of my -6 was better for this course. thumb3d.gif

914-6 Video, Autocross 06/17, 20Mb

The video is awesome. And that course is just sick!!! How far is that from NYC? I would show up for that course piratenanner.gif
drewvw

I agree, I was impressed by the course. The way its setup is really cool, almost like doing a lap on the track.
drewvw
edit: duplicate post...
mskala
Use your favorite map tool and set Ayer, MA for destination. It's 10 min from I-495.
A bunch of people from NY come when we host the Zone 1, so it can't be too bad of
a trip.

Drew, last year my shift bushing in the firewall actually fell out, and I still won the class for the season. Shift slow, you don't have to do it much.
r_towle
Drew, good to meet up finally.

I love the spirit of autocross.

The point of it is driver training.
I highly recommend that everyone that has a 914, especially the pure street cars, go to one event and drive.

I brought my son, in his stock car, no sway bar, and street tires...
It was perfect.
He spun it several times..(I told him both feet in)
He learned in a safe environment how to drive his car, and what the limits are...

This is so important to know. I see alot of kids in wrecks, but very few kids at a driver training event like this.

He learned alot, and learned his car. (now he is addicted also)
He drove my car last year (I have the full autox addict setup) so its not the same as learning on his own 914.

I think that the PCA has a great venue, and some great relaxed people.

Loads of fun.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.