Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The New Kumho....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
IPB Image

The ECSTA V710 will be Kumho's maximum performance race tire for maximum competitiveness. The Victoracer will remain in production for racers who want longer tire life and are willing to give up a little performance. Kumho will also continue to produce the sizes of the ECSTA V700 (V70A) that are not available in the Victoracer.

Straight Rib Tread Design
- The V710 has only two circumferential grooves with no other design visible.
4/32" Tread Depth
- Shaving the tire for track use will no longer be required
New Casing Shape
- True race tire profile improves steering response and max cornering power
Steel Belted Radial Construction
- Street durability with 2 steel belts and nylon cap plies
Racing compound

The initial tire sizes available for the new V710 Racing tires (new sizes will be added throghout 2004):
205/50R15
265/45R16
275/40R17
295/40R17
315/35R17
335/35R17
315/35R18
ChrisReale
IPB Image
J P Stein
Oh boyoboyoboyo boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
I gotta wurk both days this weekend.....guess where that money is going. boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
J P Stein
OOPS.....earth to Kuhmo.....we have a size problem....and I ain't talkin' Johnsons here.
ChrisReale
No word on when they are available, as far as I know...soon tho. Prices look like they will be a bit more than the current V700 series mueba.gif
VegasRacer
Dear Santa,

I have been a very good boy
I tried to be nice
Bring me the new Kumhos. Or Rudolph dies !!

Thanks,
John
seanery
street legal slicks!

WOOHOO!!!

get the sizes right and those'll sell quick!
maf914
Those remind me of Schumi's Bridgestones last weekend. Only a couple of grooves left, but the FIA didn't notice!

Mike
rhodyguy
so what are you going to do with your current tires?

kevin
Bleyseng
Those will be fun in the rain....
redshift
I want 205/65s.

M
Demick
Hmmmm. Looks just like the new DOT-R Hoosier recently announced. Slick with 2 offset concentric grooves.

Demick
drew365
They will need to expand their size range before any 914's can run with them. That's the problem with the Michelin Pilot Competition Cup from Tirerack, no usable sizes for a 914. Isn't Hoosier supposed to come out with a new R4 tire soon?
machina
we run 205/50/15 on 7" fuchs

I wonder if the section width is much wider than the old victoracer.

dr
mskala
QUOTE(drew365 @ Oct 2 2003, 09:37 AM)
They will need to expand their size range before any 914's can run with them.

Say what? Every car I know runs on 205/50's. 5.5" rim, 6" rim, 6.5" rim, 7" rim. They
all work.
seanery
16's son, we need 16's!!!

205/50/16 or 205/45/16
J P Stein
QUOTE(mskala @ Oct 2 2003, 07:44 AM)
[QUOTE=
Say what?  Every car I know runs on 205/50's.  5.5" rim, 6" rim, 6.5" rim, 7" rim.  

Now you know about one that uses 225 X 45 on 7 X 15s at both ends.... that would be me. wink.gif
porsche735
Not legal in my class....
ChrisReale
they will add sizes as they go.
Bleyseng
Jeez Chris, you will use any means to beat that Turbo RX7 at AXing!

laugh.gif
campbellcj
I'm gonna try to get my hands on a set of the new Hoosiers. GRM says they are "available".

Maybe I'll try these new Kumhos on my 15's. Hard to believe they don't have a 205 or 225 16" size.
Aaron Cox
street legal? i dont think so!
ChrisReale
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 2 2003, 07:24 PM)
street legal? i dont think so!

Yes it is! Thats why it has those grooves running down one side. Not that that will make it wear any better, but it makes it DOT approved
fiid
Does that mean that Formula 1 tires could be street legal?

LMAO.

Fiid.
rhodyguy
no way the rx7 should have been in GTU! how much did 300hp beat chris by? in case you missed this one. a guy in a ford feista broke down about half way thru. dave hunt, his son and a pal, and me trotted over and started pushing. "TURN IN ON THE GRASS!". nope, he kept going straight. then we were to the cables for the timing light. can't roll over those. so turn futher away and all the way AROUND the finnish light bs.gif . oh, he got a dnf. i've had my turn at that crap, the 911 guys can do it next time laugh.gif .

kevin
Bleyseng
Blair was running in Timeonly, but those are street tires he was running on. Hehe, he told me it was almost impossible to not burn out everytime he stepped on the gas petal, even with LSD! He needs a way to limit the boost so its more controlable.

Geoff
VegasRacer
I talked with a couple guys who have had a chance to try the new Kumho's.
They said they were SHIT.
No grip. No feel. Lap times were down 3 - 4 seconds.
They said they would rather race on corded Victoracers.
machina
New kumhos probably need totally different setup. Maybe they need to work on that.

dr
ChrisReale
I've heard that they are good. confused24.gif Different strokes for different folk i guess
rhodyguy
i can't understand being hot for new skins and then painting your engine bay with krylon to save money confused24.gif .

kevin
ChrisReale
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 1 2003, 05:11 AM)
i can't understand being hot for new skins and then painting your engine bay with krylon to save money confused24.gif .

kevin

You talkin to me? Nowhere did I say i was running out to get a set of tiars. Read the thread. I didnt use Krylon either.
J P Stein
I prefer Rustolem.
Paint doan help ya go fast laugh.gif, it just keeps the rust down.

BTW, Kevin, I work my ass off at the PCA AXs.
Sometimes I even have to run....well, an old farts version of it laugh.gif ....to get cones.
Some folks want to just show up & drive......and that's fine, but the reality is that someone has to do the work. Chasing cones is the minimum requirement.
Dead cars are part of the game. Grunting a car with broken suspension onto a trailer is *really* fun.
When one is well & truely hooked on AX, none of this really bothers ya.

I have to work both days this weekend....."they" made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The Tire Fund
gets the extra cash.....fuckabunch of paint.

A local guy gets his Kumhos for free. I'll get a report
that I can trust....next spring.

As far as "legal" tread goes, a tire has to be divided into 3 segments around the circumference....thus the 2 grooves. Depth must be 3/32, IIRC.From strictly a tread standpoint, F1 tires would be legal.
ChrisReale
Rustoleum is what I used. The red dont match Guards Red perfect, but It works for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.