Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looks like Excellence read my mind
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
Ordered a oddessey battery the other day to replace the optima. 15 pounds for one 35 for the other. I've been running one on my civic for 3 months with no problems. Figure between the fiberglass hoods bumpers and battery I could drop alot of weight.

Well nice to see they did it first so I don't have to be nervous about it.
rwjames
I just read that article today myself. They didn't really recommend it for a daily driver. Do you use your Civic as a driver and still haven't had any problems?
Rand
Just depends on YOUR current demands...

If you have a big stereo, power windows, LCD screens for yer DVD deck (obvious sarcasim), then you'll need more battery.

For those of us who have a minimal car that just needs some power to crank, then let the alternator help it stay charged enough to run things like turn signals, or maybe the occasional headlight or wiper...
turboman808
All the honda guys swear by it. I don't have a big stereo or anything like that. I do run 4 100 watt lights regularly but it still semms to work fine.

The 914 has even less things it needs to power so it should be ok.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.