Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New gauge for my V8 conversion. . . .
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47fan
I'm using the 911 combo gauge for oil temperature/pressure and needed a gauge for keeping track of the water temperature so, I had NH Speedo change the pointer on a standard VDO 2 1/16" water temperature gauge for me to match the other gauges. I'll mount it either on the dash where the radio usually resides or on the "A" pillar.

Thanks for looking . . . .
msglaigaie
I like the mount your guage is in. Where did you get it and are they available ?? Do they come in two and trip guage mounts. These would look sooo nice in my 914. Thanks mate, MSG L
type47fan
John,

PM sent.

Thanks,
Andyrew
Is it possible to use the oil temp guage as a water temp guage?? I bought the same combo guage, and am thinking of just doing that..

FYI that setup looks great!!!!
type47fan
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 18 2006, 12:48 AM) *

Is it possible to use the oil temp guage as a water temp guage?? I bought the same combo guage, and am thinking of just doing that..

FYI that setup looks great!!!!

Thanks, Andyrew.

Originally I was going to use the oil temp gauge as the water temp monitor but decided that I want to know how the oil is doing. The temperature sender shouldn't care if it's measuring hot oil or hot water. Just get the sender with the proper range for the gauge and has the correct threads for the source of the input. My combo gauge is 300 degrees.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.