914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
Who went?
Pelicans has some pics already

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=288920
Toast
I did. It was fun. No pics.
Lou W
Pretty good turnout for the San Bernardino Autocross, I left about 11:00, Joe, Thomas and Ron left about 10:30. Couldn't get too much in the way of pictures, it was dark and I don't think my camera likes it when its dark. So here are a couple pictures, Aaron may have more.

I had a great time, there were some real fast cars there, it was pretty exciting. I think it's suppose to go until 2:00 or 3:00 am ph34r.gif
JoeSharp
Aaron: You look like Waide loioking at Vanessa. blink.gif
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Allan
Hey Ron, I love the Elly May Clampett shorts... mueba.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
What's so special about the '69 that was in many of the photos (yellowish racecar?)? It looked okay but those tail lights HAVE TO GO! That style looks great on a Ferrari but not a 911.
JoeSharp
Fun Run
Click to view attachment
Great senrey
Click to view attachment

Howard
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Jun 18 2006, 08:05 AM) *

What's so special about the '69 that was in many of the photos (yellowish racecar?)? It looked okay but those tail lights HAVE TO GO! That style looks great on a Ferrari but not a 911.

Great workmanship, super light. Bet it goes like a bat.

Anyway, great day. We did make our own traffic jam, and the pace was sedate (what do you expect with 911's? biggrin.gif ). Some of the 914 group left the gaggle for breakfast at another place down the road. Looked at my pix and they're all very similar to stuff on PP, so not much to post.
TonyAKAVW
Really nice day yesterday. I started off the morning by meeting up with three of the taildragger crowd up in Inglewood and we headed off in a pack to the Redlands Starbucks. I haven't seen that many Porsches in a parking lot in quite a while. Apparently 62 was the total! As a consequence on the mountain roads, we created our own traffic patterns which visibly pised off residents and other tourists.

Though there was a pack of 27 vipers that went through later on, so it wasn't just us!

The 914club contingent decided to split up and have lunch seperately at Lloyd's near Running Springs, where Slits throroughly harassed the waitress who was trying to set up Toast with her son.

Thomas, Joe, Ron and I retired to Ron's place where we sat on the deck BSing about the usual crap. After a trip to get ice cream in Running Springs, we headed down to the autocross. Stopped in to El Torito for some nachos (thanks Joe!) and to enjoy the A/C.

I managed to irritate the tail draggers by driving the TT. The best part wsa when the whole pack drove by a house where two little girls were playing in the front yard and said "WOW there must be a hundred of them" and one pointed to the TT and said "that ones my favorite!"

Lou W
Graet picture Tony, this is about the best I can do. blink.gif
Aaron Cox
mo auto cross pics....
got a greaaat video of kevin flogging his rocket....

Aaron Cox
mo
Aaron Cox
camera sucks at night apparently.....
Aaron Cox
blahr
Aaron Cox
and the kevin kdfoust rocket video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVFpYoH3o88
Dr. Roger
geez, what kinda' motor is that green meenie runnin'???? nice exhaust. =-)
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Jun 18 2006, 11:42 AM) *

3.2 narrow body LOL he needs more tire...
Sammy
Toby, that 1969 911 is a 911R. Very rare, very special example of the first factory lightweight high performance street legal 911.
Hot high revving engine and it came from the factory about as heavy as a 914, maybe a little lighter. The tail lights are funky looking, but they are on there because they weigh almost nothing. Everything on the car is designed to be light, and it rolled out of the factory that way.
It could be argued that it is the precursor to the RS, RSR, and GT-3.

When we started up the hill, the entire group started to pull over and re-group, I decided not to stop so I kep going. A white 914 followed me for a while, then all the sudden an old POS ford pick em up decided he liked my lane more than his. Hit the brakes and horn at the same time followed quickly by a one finger wave.
Fortunately that was the only drama on the trip, except for the time I passed 8 or so cars who have no clue what a turn out was.
Not sure of the speed but by the time I passed the lead van I was in 4th gear and the turbo was spooled up and the waste gate was wide open wink.gif
Lou W
Aaron, that video was cool, Kevin's car was incredibly fast. yahoo ph34r.gif
kdfoust
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 18 2006, 11:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Jun 18 2006, 11:42 AM) *

3.2 narrow body LOL he needs more tire...

Hey, it was good see the '14 crew again. I've been off in the wilderness of "other" Porsches for a while.

Stock 3.2 motronic. "I swear on a stack of bibles." I wish I would have setup my in-car camera system but I just didn't have time. I must say that it is a blast to drive and the cockpit is a very busy place when the loud pedal is pressed with those skinny tires... burnout.gif

The tires are three year old BFG KDs which at that time were a VERY good street legal tire for AX or lapping. This is my first AX in that car for three years and my first with the 3.2. I managed to put some heat on that 993TT (AWD in case you don't know). I ultimately succumed to fatigue during the timed runs at one-thirty A.M. and was beaten. I'm okay with getting beat by a $120k Porsche (for now) and it is a well driven TT. I think I should have beaten it but it wasn't my night. smiley_notworthy.gif

Later,
Kevin
skline
All I can say is Damn Kevin, you really did a nice job on your car. You need to bring it by one of these days and let me check it out. I am out in the garage now working on the Chalon. The welding is done and now I am dropping the back of the trans to fix the drive gear and then the suspension. We will have to go for a run down to PCH or something.
vincesix
Kevin, Great car it was a blast watching you. Tell Us about youe exhaust system the sound is awesome!
kdfoust
QUOTE(vincesix @ Jun 19 2006, 10:34 AM) *

Kevin, Great car it was a blast watching you. Tell Us about youe exhaust system the sound is awesome!

I had a hot rod exhaust shop build it for me from the end of the headers out. I also had the same guy modify the headers for better clearance around the oil piping. He's in San Juan Capistrano and does mostly custom hot rod work but "likes these little cars" and has owned Porsches on and off. He's also heard a lot of exhaust systems and knows what sounds cool and looks good. I wanted that 917 screaming at full throttle exhaust sound from the LeMans movie. Yeah, go head make fun but that is one of the best exhaust sounds ever. We talked through a couple of options before he fabbed my system. I also had him notch a new rear valance to go with it but I haven't painted it yet so it's not installed. It's a basic two-in two-out exhaust using a Dynomax muffler. It might be a little loud for some but if you keep your foot out of it it's just fine. It does set off car alarms...I don't care. aktion035.gif

Later,
Kevin
Eric_Shea

They're "R" lights. Check the Excellence article on the car... bout 6 months back.
brokenmoped
My girl and I attended for our first Porsche event. It was super fun driving those roads, especially with 930s zooming by now and then. We had a great time and met a few people. We also logged 340 miles. The only bad part was when my car wouldn't start at Big Bear Lake thanks to the high elevation... biggrin.gif

Toast,

Sorry about tailgating you, but I couldn't help myself on those roads!
Sammy
That was you cranking the engine?
i was only a few feet away and started walking over to suggest holding the throttle wide open while cranking (too rich, that will usually help) when it started to catch and sputter, then it cleaned out.
Toast
QUOTE(brokenmoped @ Jun 20 2006, 07:12 PM) *

Toast,

Sorry about tailgating you, but I couldn't help myself on those roads!

No..........sorry I couldn't go faster! I didn't mind the tailgaiting, it was fun! Sorry about that one corner. Damn I felt like a dork. slap.gif I felt bad for holding up the crowd, but that's how it was.
I wanted to meet you guys. You both looked like fun people. But leave it up to me to pass up the meeting spot and get halfway around the lake before I realized no one was behind me. rolleyes.gif Hope I get the chance to again soon. Nice car by the way. drooley.gif
Brad Roberts
Ok. I have some live action shots. I was riding shotgun and took quite a few pics.

Brad Roberts
wefqwef
Brad Roberts
wefqwf
Brad Roberts
This last shot makes me feel good.

Happy 914 owner ending a long day enjoyed with other 914 friends!

Brad Roberts
I bet living in the Inland Empire is fun!..NOT This was taken around 7:15am.

Nice smog.

B
Brad Roberts
This was on the way home around 3pm or so?

It's no wonder my eyes burn while I'm in that area!

I had NO idea it was this bad!!

B
Lou W
That's not smog, that's just dust and stuff from LA happy11.gif

Toast, Great avatar. (Insert smiley with a mullet)
Brad Roberts
The Indians had a name for that area "Valley of the Smoke". I forget what the actual name is. That is the translation. And I dont mean India Indians (in case there was confusion)

B
Lou W
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 21 2006, 11:08 AM) *

The Indians had a name for that area "Valley of the Smoke". I forget what the actual name is. That is the translation. And I dont mean India Indians (in case there was confusion)

B

Damn those indians and their SUV's happy11.gif
Howard
Andy, Linda's smile when she's in her teener should be our club logo.

If you live in SoCal long enough, you learn to be afraid of air you can't see.
And we don't use the term 'indians' anymore because of that confusion. People from India are 'dots', American Indians are 'feathers'.

Nice seeing you and your smooth driving friend wub.gif

bernbomb914
a few pics of brad and friends

bernie
Brad Roberts
Yep. I'm pretty good about choosing who I'll navigate for..LOL

I missed the 215 exit on the way to the meeting place.. had to take 10 from the 15 back out there..LOL

Great seeing you Bernie! You wife is awesome. Let's start chatting with Howard about the Late August or early Sept. event.

B
Brad Roberts
Birgit is dying to see a picture of the "tail" on her Boxster in the "UP" position (this after seeing CARS) where Sally Porsche has her tail "UP" with the tattoo/pinstriping showing biggrin.gif

B
Howard
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 21 2006, 02:14 PM) *

Birgit is dying to see a picture of the "tail" on her Boxster in the "UP" position (this after seeing CARS) where Sally Porsche has her tail "UP" with the tattoo/pinstriping showing biggrin.gif

B

biggrin.gif There's a switch by the fuse panel to raise it.
Talked to the guy who did the work on Sally's 'Tramp Stamp'. He may be bringing something to market. Neat guy!
WaideS
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jun 18 2006, 06:44 AM) *

Aaron: You look like Waide loioking at Vanessa. blink.gif

He does look dashing doesn't he???????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.