Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pull out your catalogs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
Well did some work on my teener yesterday. Redid the carb linkage from where I didn't have it right and installed the window scrapers on the door. Which brings me to the obscure part. I'm looking for the cap that is held in by a small screw at the end of the strip. If it makes a difference the passenger side.
olav
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jun 18 2006, 07:05 AM) *

Well did some work on my teener yesterday. Redid the carb linkage from where I didn't have it right and installed the window scrapers on the door. Which brings me to the obscure part. I'm looking for the cap that is held in by a small screw at the end of the strip. If it makes a difference the passenger side.

I think that's Unobtanium.
boxstr
Olav is correct. Used is what is out their.
CCL
McMark
Put some pressure on Bruce(GWN7) He's working on making replicas of these pieces (there are early and late versions).
GWN7
That's part number 914 542 111 10, 914 542 112 10 and 914 542 173 10, 914 542 174 10 Guide piece or window guide end cap.

There are two different models (early & late cars), hence the four part numbers.

The right side for late cars is shown as available.

When looking for hard to find parts, ask your local Porsche dealer first. If they say NLA, then start phoning (don't look online as online parts listings are never updated fast enough) the aftermarket suppliers. You might have to call five different places and have to call them back while they search for the parts.

About a year ago someone was looking for the same piece. After much discussion about these being unobtanium, one of the aftermarket supliers posted they had 6 in stock.

Looking for hard to find parts is like a treasure hunt.

*Edit- Thanks Mark - I have samples of both early and late cars parts and will post when they are ready. I have been working on the early style for quite awhile and have just purchased the machinery that will alllow me to make these and other unobtanium parts.
eric914
I know many don't like AA but they have reproduction late model driver side guides. I placed an order almost 14 months ago and it arrived last week. I had all but given up on the $10 I sent then for the part but this time they did come through...eventually.

I purchased my passenger side guide from PP.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(eric914 @ Jun 20 2006, 04:54 PM) *

I know many don't like AA but they have reproduction late model driver side guides. I placed an order almost 14 months ago and it arrived last week. I had all but given up on the $10 I sent then for the part but this time they did come through...eventually.

I purchased my passenger side guide from PP.

av-943.gif Sorry, it is tragically funny.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.