Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are these holes for ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michel richard
I'm putting my car back together, and there's a few things I have trouble figuring out. This is an original 1970 /6.
There's a hole in the front bulkhead, surrounded by 3 bolt holes. Here's a picture, through the glove compartment.
Anybody know what mounts there ?

michel richard
Same holes, from the front. Picture is not clear, but the holes are right next to the apron support.
Thanks all.

boxstr
Antenna lead.
CCL
iamchappy
I think there the holes that the rubber grommets go in that the vent control cables and windshield washer hoses run through.
michel richard
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 18 2006, 06:51 AM) *

I think there the holes that the rubber grommets go in that the vent control cables and windshield washer hoses run through.

No, The vent controls go through a hole on the driver side. Washer hoses don't cross the bulkhead on a /6. All those things are already in.

Thanks for thinking about this , though.

Michel
SirAndy
QUOTE(michel richard @ Jun 18 2006, 07:44 AM) *

Anybody know what mounts there ?

#374 does not have them, so i'm thinking they're aftermarket ...

they very well may be cut by the dealer for the antenna cable. is your antenna mounted on the pass. side?
idea.gif Andy
michel richard
Very good thought, Andy. Antenna mounts on the driver side, on my car, but the hole is right behind the radio, no doubt about that.
The big piece of info that you provide is that it's not on all cars. I'll worry about it later.

Thanks.

Michel
Rrrockhound
Something related to dealer-installed AC?
Brad Roberts
I dont recall *any* 9146's with dealer installed AC.

B
Cap'n Krusty
The largest hole might be for the wiper harness. Don't have one here to look at, but it looks like it's close to the right place. The Cap'n
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 19 2006, 05:52 PM) *

The largest hole might be for the wiper harness. Don't have one here to look at, but it looks like it's close to the right place. The Cap'n

nope, checked and double-checked, two bigger holes, one for the cables, one for wires, both further to the left from the hole in his pic.
on #374, there is no hole that close to the second cowl-brace ...

maybe the PO had some stereo related equipement in the front trunk and ran wires to the radio that way?
confused24.gif Andy
markb
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jun 18 2006, 07:48 AM) *

Antenna lead.
CCL

agree.gif
GWN7
QUOTE(markb @ Jun 19 2006, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(boxstr @ Jun 18 2006, 07:48 AM) *

Antenna lead.
CCL

agree.gif

The small hole is where the antenna lead went thru...not sure what the big one is for.....really big antenna?

Pic of the 74 parts car........
smontanaro
(catching up on old messages...)

Michel, any conclusion about what these holes are for? If need be I can crawl around under my /6 and take a picture or two...

Skip
michel richard
Skip,

No definitive conclusion, no. Bet guess is that it is somehow antenna or radio related.
Thanks for your offer of help.

Michel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.