Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Help Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aveale
family,

this determines whether or not the car goes back to the shop.

what else makes the red emergency brake light flash???

i know the "tick-tick" when the brakes have been bled/no pressure

i know my emerg brake switch works (checked with volt meter a couple of times)

just started to happen last nite...

relay switch????

help?!?!?!?

T sad.gif
Allan
Maybe a bad m/c or m/c switch?
Dave_Darling
What makes it go "tick" is two intentional things, and a few more unintentional ones.

First, the handbrake handle has a button under it. If the handle is up, the tab on the bottom will not press the button, which grounds a wire and turns on the tick-tick-tick. Sometimes the handle is tweaked just enough for the tab to miss the button, so that is worth checking as well.

Second, the master cylinder has a "warning switch" in it which gets turned on any time part of the brake system loses pressure. The most common pressure loss is when the brakes are bled. Most switches need to be manually re-set; find the switch (the thing that has one or two wires plugged into it on the master cylinder, found in the steering rack compartment under the car). Feel for a rubber nipple on the switch. Press it in toward the MC; there is a button under that nipple that you are pressing. That should reset the switch.

The unintentional things usually have to do with the brown/white (brown/yellow??) wire to the handbrake handle button or to the MC switch getting shorted to ground somehow. Like falling off and touching the chassis, or getting plugged in wrong, or wearing through the insulation and shorting to ground that way.

Good luck!

--DD
aveale
Thanx guys,

It was a stupid question as it was the MC switch (which i have visited before).

For watever reason the brake light was flashing in addition to the tick tick tick (never the light before?!?!?) letting me know that the switch needed to be reset.

Cheers,

T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.