Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Impromptu 914 Mini Meet @ Paul Miller Porsche, 6/21
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sandee
Impromptu 914 Mini Meet @ Paul Miller Porsche, 6/21

Hey, if you're in the area - you're welcome to stop by for a coffee and meet a few other 914'ers in northern NJ. So far, Tod, me and Ray ... nothing fancy, PM is centrally located to where we all work/live. Hope to see a few more cars parked out front! Stop by anytime after 6pm ...

thumb3d.gif
ptravnic
Sounds great, unfortunately I'm tied up Wed night. Another time, maybe another wrenching session in Lyndhurst...

-pt
rmital
icon_bump.gif
turboman808
Where is that at?

I work in Hackensack. I have my 914 with me today. I had to go to the DVD store we are opening and wait 3 hours for the alarm guy. Spent that time cleaning the leather and wiped some dirt out of the engine bay.

No top and sunny days rock!!!
nycchef
would love to but stuck at work. just as well had enough of listening to ray about how his new 2.0 starts all the time. just kidding post pics!.
rmital
...sorry chef....I'm just excited. Having more fun than any human should.

Got the car Monday. The darn kids activities are keeping me from getting any good pic's to post. Hopefully tomorrow over at Paul Miller...some group shots.
Brad Roberts
Anyone else attending this?

B
rmital
Great to meet some more of our club members this evening...I'm sure if we keep at this, we'll attract more and more to these semi-impromptu meets.

Tonight we had Todd, Sandee, Nate, Aaron and me, Ray

rmital
Todd's
rmital
Sandee's
rmital
Nate's machine....
rmital
...and my newly aquired teener...still getting over the shock of how great the car is.
nycchef
all beautiful cars. wish i could have made it....could use a little more color say orange maybe
rmital
my group shot was blurry...hopefully Sandee's came out a little better....and she'll post.

Looking forward to next time guys....maybe jsharp.gif
tod914
Was fun for a quick get together. Think Dave was thinking about something on July 1st at the Wiskey Cafe in Lyndhurst. Big car show there every Saturday nite.
rmital
QUOTE(nycchef @ Jun 21 2006, 06:46 PM) *

could use a little more color say orange maybe

..very drab without you chef...if BBQ next time, we would have to plan around you schedule of course!!
Sandee
So great to finally meet a few more of you from the forum! Thanks for posting the pix right away Ray! But could you please re-touch the one of my hood sans-emblem? Mind you, it's better then having it there I guess! wink.gif That's my project this weekend!

Here's another pix, with the group of us ...

Thanks again for stopping by - next time we'll get the word out earlier and make it an official 914 meet!

IPB Image

And yes, I did a bit of PhotoShop work on the building to make it look like it did back in the 70's. Oh, the memories of my youth ...

IPB Image
jim_hoyland
Did anyone think those were "new" Porsches for 2007 while parked outside the Porsche dealership ?

tod914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 21 2006, 11:37 PM) *

Did anyone think those were "new" Porsches for 2007 while parked outside the Porsche dealership ?

was funny a couple of trucks that passed along the hiway honked and gaves us thumbs up.
i love porsche
lots of fun seeing everyone and the cars...i enjoyed it

and july first is coming fast, i should make a check in thread..
type47fan
Excellent collection of clean cars and a great way to celebrate the first day of summer (IMHO, all of those targa tops should have been stowed. . . .Tod)! Thanks for the pictures and story.
turboman808
yeah lots of fun. Now if only porsche dealers would have handed me some cayman keys. Nice to see some completely original cars.
Leo Imperial
Sorry i couldn't make it. Got out of work around 7 and Ray said everyone had already gone. I'll shoot for the 1st. Nice cars.
Ray - can I take it for a test run????
rmital
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Jun 22 2006, 01:34 PM) *

can I take it for a test run????

...no need...I've learn from the best...so has chef. I put the car thru all your basic tests, and no loss of brakes, no sagging longs...the horn even works.

The car is as solid as they get. rocking nana.gif

You welcome to take the zambezi one around the corner once or twice....
nycchef
hate to do this to a "friend" but it looks like ray has gone over to the dark side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.