Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race Car Stolen from Buttonwillow Motel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Anyone who's run at Buttonwillow knows that there is not a whole lot of choices for hotels in the area and the thieves must know it too. This was sent to me last night from a SoCal friend:

------------------------------------
The folowing was stolen from the Super 8 Motel in Buttonwillow California.

1998 Swift 008 Formula Atlantic, S/N 008-001, Wht/Blu/Yel in color. Number 48 on rear wing, Advanced Medical decal on side.

1988 White Chevy 3500 one ton crew cab dually, California plate# 3T99328

1886 White Dico trailer, California plate# YF6874

All was seen driving out of the Super 8 motel between 1:00-2:00 am on the 17th. I'm more concerned about the race car than the other items. Any help would be appreciated. Guy's be careful, I was in for less than 24 hours for testing at Buttonwillow raceway.

Best regards,

Lee Atkins

88 1/2 Countach QV
Advanced Medical Inc.
email: hotlasers@hotlasers.com
Tel: (425) 844-1189
Fax: (425) 788-4499
fuch toy
That;s why I sleep in my trailer with my two friend's....Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson ar15.gif
campbellcj
If anybody needs a large, half-psychotic akita dog to keep an eye on their race stuff, just lemme know. ohmy.gif

When I hear these stories, I always wonder what the thief is thinking? As if a pretty unique, dedicated race car & rig could actually be raced or resold anywhere in the US without getting caught. The truck could obviously be headed for a chop-shop or whatever, but the race car and trailer???
fuch toy
I'll testify about the pscho part of that dog.....shitbag tried TO EAT ME..... ar15.gif
cha914
I don't believe these criminals are really thinking like that...my friend had his trailer stolen from in front of his house and 4-5 months later the police found it 30miles away being used to tow race cars to a local track...all the guy did was put a couple of bumper stickers on it.

Of course, it would be alot harder to hide a formula atlantic...than a trailer...I hope that guy gets his setup back, cause thats quite a loss...

Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.