Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking to buy new tires soon.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DerekKim
Hello I am looking to buy some new tires. I have one Pirelli and 3 off tires. I have stock rims and looking for something with good rain traction but good grip for possible autoxage Any suggestions as to size/brand etc? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek
DerekKim
Anyone?
nycchef
QUOTE(DerekKim @ Jun 18 2006, 03:13 PM) *

Anyone?

i put on yokohama 205/55/15's not all weather seem good in rain handles turns great fit on stock 5 1/2" rims. just make sure you have enough clearance at you fenders
Joe Bob
Good all around and cheap...Falkens or Kumhos....Tire Rack on the 'net.
Pat Garvey
aktion035.gif
I have a set of Yoko 195/60 A008R's w/about 2k miles on them that WERE great auto-x tires. Can't believe I still have them - they are virtually slicks, but man what grip.

Wish they still made them, though you can't expect much from a mileage standpoint. Took them off the 14 & put em on my 73T. Every time I pull in the garage I leave a trail of rubber dust behind me. Soft, they are!
DerekKim
So I went on tire rack and I was looking at these. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...re1=yes&place=0 Are they ok or should I go for something a bit more expensive? And 205 55 15 is a good size without rubbing or should I go a little bit smaller?
TonyAKAVW
I run Hankook RS-Z212 tires. They have high treadwear but are really sticky and I like them a lot. pretty cheap, but they can be hard to find in stock. I bought mine from discounttiredirect.com about a year ago. I forget how much they were, but cheaper than the Falken Azenis.

-Tony
Aaron Cox
i love my yokohama es 100's....

great street tire
dinomium
another vote for ES100 yokes... aooR8s are what we use for Rains on the race car! Is anybody running the Khumo DOT race tire that had trouble before?
Joe Ricard
http://www.edgeracing.com/tire/1515/
Look at these. 205/50-15 Dry Grip and good wet nice street tire that can kick butt in AX for STS2 class.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jun 19 2006, 12:44 PM) *

another vote for ES100 yokes... aooR8s are what we use for Rains on the race car! Is anybody running the Khumo DOT race tire that had trouble before?

Ran Kumho V700 Ecsta for 187 runs. they were OK. probably a good rain tire at full tread.

Yoko ES100 suck for Autocross. Nice stiff side wall but very little "real grip" Makes for a nice drifting demo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.