Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heading to WCC06 July 6 staying in Klamath, California
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav
My wife and I are heading out July 6 and driving as far as Klamath, California to a bed and breakfast for the first night.

We're going to be staying at the Historic Requa Inn for dinner and the night. Then head out in the morning through the Redwoods to Portland for the WCC.

Should be in Portland at the Monarch early afternoon on Friday the 7th.

If anyone wants to meet up and drive along that would be fun.

Sounds like a good halfway point for bay area drivers.

From their website:

"Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How long will it take to get to the inn from San Francisco?
A: Six and a half hours from the Golden Gate bridge to our doorstep if you drive highway 101 all the way, barring any traffic snarls at Santa Rosa. Once you get north of there, traffic should not be a problem. Landslides are common at “Confusion Hill,” just north of Laytonville, but usually you can pass after a short delay.

If you drive highway 1 along the coast, the trip from San Francisco to Klamath can easily take 10 hours. It’s a gorgeous drive, but you can’t be in a hurry on that road. Car sickness can also be a hazard.

Q: How long will it take to get to the inn from Portland?
A: Also 6 ½ hours if you drive Interstate 5, then over to the coast on highway 199 at Grants Pass. Highway 1 along the Oregon coast can take 9 to 10 hours. Also gorgeous and worth the time if you have it."
VegasRacer
It sounds like you are a half a step (and 63 miles) ahead of the southern caravan. Our plan is to spend the night in Eureka, CA on the 6th. With minimal effort we should be able to hook up and run together.
olav

Any phone numbers available from the people in the southern caravan?
rhodyguy
are you planning on cutting over to the coast at redding? on the 299?

k
olav
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 19 2006, 09:46 AM) *

are you planning on cutting over to the coast at redding? on the 299?

k

Here's the route we were planning: WCC Route
rhodyguy
i'm sorry must be the other thread. where they're stoping in redding and winding up on the coast.

k
Air_Cooled_Nut
K-Falls is a bit off the beaten path (and chucked full o' red-necks!) but the drive there should be pretty and fun (winding road).
rhodyguy
not kalamath falls toby. kalamath ca. north of eureka, arcata, mckinnleyville, trinidad, orek....

k
Air_Cooled_Nut
blink.gif Oops, my bad!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.