Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very Low Idle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
*kennyd*914

This morning as I started my car; she let out a backfire that blew off a vacuum hose. I returned the hose to the proper location, but the idle is now at 250-400rpm. Needless to say not the best. I tried adjusting and checking all hoses but nothing seems to work.

She runs great on the highway, getting there is the issue. Any thoughts? any one?

Joe Bob
Probably a leak....split hose or something. Try LIGHTLY spraying carb cleaner or starter fluid at suspect areas. Idle changes and you've found the leak.
jim_hoyland
If you' running a L-jet on a '74, and you had a backfire, it may be the AFM. I haven't had this happen to me, but I saw an AFM that had bent flapper that resulted from a backfire. Others may have more info--for sure, check your hoses again, the small ones can look ok, but have hidden flaws--ask me how I know.
*kennyd*914
Thanks Mike .... and for the car info as well.

thumb3d.gif
*kennyd*914
FI D-Jet is the set up.
Thack
Low idle is a lean condition. I suspect your not getting enough fuel. Could be an air leak.
Joe Bob
hijacked.gif Hey Thack....Carrera side script on a 914?
Thack
I bought it that way. I like it. One day I will paint it and it will be gone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.