Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Short Gears for street...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
I know the top 3 gears are shorter, i don't know the details though. I believe the previous owner geared it for track use. I took the car out on the highway for the first time. Speedo showed 70, i estimate i was moving at about 50mph. Anyway... RPM was about 3500rpm. I will be driving this car to and from events(mostly autocross for now) up to an hour or two away.

Do I keep the short gears or swap in a stock tranny i have sitting in my garage?

Also... the coupling between the shift rod and shifter base is stripped, the splines are barely visible. I think its slipping when I try to get into first, i keep adjusting it but it seems like its slipping. AFter a while I can't get into first. I changed all of the shift bushings but shifting is still really sloppy. What to do?

Thanks

Bleyseng
I love my short 3rd and 4th gears for the street but I still have the ZD for the Freeway gear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.