Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans assistance needed please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I got motivated and started working on the Chalon again and got the welding done on the inside stiffening kit and moved on to the transmission to fix the speedo drive. I thought it was not even in there but it turns out that it is in there just not turning. Below are pictures of what I found when I removed the end cover.
skline
My question is, the pin is not all the way in, is it? Is it a short pin and just came out a little? Can I just push it back in and be done? Also, on the end cover, does everything look right? A little help from some experts would be very appreciated.
skline
Also, can I push that pin in without removing that whole assembly? If I cannot, what is the torque spec when I put it back in? Also, how do you get on it to torque it down?
Aaron Cox
the pin goes all the way thru... normally like 1" long or so..

i think you sheared the roll pin! nicely done.

i am sure thomas and joe have a few pins...

i split open my box next week sad.gif
skline
icon_bump.gif I still need some answers. Does the end cap look right? I may have to work tonight and would like to put this back together before I go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.