Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Wind Tunnel Tests
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thack
I want to see what's going on near the engine lid in the wind tunnel. I may add a electric fan to help vent the engine bay.
monkei
smoke.gif love to see it.
plymouth37
this is all I could find, look about half way down post #297, hope it helps.
Brett W
Engine bay doesn't vent. Body shape creates a low pressure area so the fan can draw air into the engine. There is no need to "vent " the engine bay.
Trekkor
Here's a video from a while back.
You can watch the water swirl off the car as I drive by at 100mph in the rain ohmy.gif

TH in the wet

KT

marks914
I've been trying to get my car in the full size tunnel at work for a while now, the only problem is its running 24-7.

I will get it in there eventually, it would answer alot of myths.

Mark
Joe Owensby
A pretty simple way to see what is going on would be to put a pressure gauge with a probe at various places around the engine bay to measure the relative pressure to the ambient pressure. I would think that a 0 - 10 inches of water differential pressure gauge would do the trick. An alternative would be a used airspeed indicator from a plane. Need a source of static pressure to be 100 percent accurate, but as long as the static source is kept the same, you could compare pressures for various locations on the car. I would do this, but mine is now on the rotisserrie. Joe O.
Thack
I have a huge fan at work. Probably spins up to 35 mph. I may test it one day.
I'll just install the vent fan where it pushes air into the bay if that's the way it works Brett. I'm going to install the single carb thing until I understand the d-jet or can afford dual carbs. Just want to vent out any heat that will affect my intake runners.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Thack @ Jun 19 2006, 09:55 PM) *

I have a huge fan at work. Probably spins up to 35 mph. I may test it one day.
I'll just install the vent fan where it pushes air into the bay if that's the way it works Brett. I'm going to install the single carb thing until I understand the d-jet or can afford dual carbs. Just want to vent out any heat that will affect my intake runners.

Understand djet?? Boy, its pretty simple really.

confused24.gif What is the problem with the car now? We will walk you thru fixing it online......

Dr Evil
Here is what I have:
Thack
Hey Bleyseng,

She's running a litlle lean right now. No response off idle untill she's very warm. I had to increase resistance on the CHT device with a resistor. It looks like someone made or repaired the wiring harness and not very well. I just want the fuel system to be somewhat reliable. I can fix a carburettor on the side of the road. Not the FI.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.