You bought or make and/or sell?
Aaron Cox
who makes? dpr weld up?
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(mikez @ Jun 18 2006, 07:32 PM) *

You bought or make and/or sell?

No, or No and/or maybe?

Type 4 Unleashed
These are new products coming out, the ones pictured are the first, their being check to make sure their in Spec

The cranks will range from 78mm to 86mm, with some rod jrl options.

The rods, in 2.0 ltr jrl will be offered in 5.160", 5.325" and 5.5" length's
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 18 2006, 07:44 PM) *

who makes? dpr weld up?

NO, Billets, welded only if you want to go larger than 86mm. happy11.gif
Joe Bob
Keep up the smart ass answers and you will be sure to sell out your whole stock....
Aaron Cox
very cool! 86mm takes some work to fit in a type 4 case no?

chinese made? who makes em?

looks killer!!! and how much?
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 18 2006, 08:09 PM) *

very cool! 86mm takes some work to fit in a type 4 case no?

chinese made? who makes em?

looks killer!!! and how much?

Quote: very cool! 86mm takes some work to fit in a type 4 case no?

No, no more or less than any of the strokers 82mm and larger. Basicly, it's the same case clearancing for all the strokers, the issue with larger strokes, is the clearance between the rod and cam lobe, as the strokes increase the clearnce gets less, that's where, reduced cam base circles & Cunningham rods come in, their made for the larger strokes, they provide the extra clearance, their supposedly a drop in for an 86mm crank.

Yes Chinse made.

A price of around $650 was mentioned, but the final price will be determined after the first production run, and total cost determined?

I, thought you were going a Six?
Mueller
got a price estimate?

about the only way they'll sell is if they are lower price wise than the SCAT cranks..

Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 18 2006, 08:33 PM) *

got a price estimate?

about the only way they'll sell is if they are lower price wise than the SCAT cranks..

$650 is less than half of what a Scat costs, but the issue is will they have some quality? No use having a cheaper crank, if their's no quality.
Mueller
why the 2.0 jrnl size?

is this a good thing or not compared the Type I size??

john rogers
Has anyone run one of these setups in a race car yet for a couple of good wheel to wheel weekends? I'd be leary of Chinese made parts until someone does and it holds together. We had Chinese valves in my daughter's aftermarket heads, looked fine originally but the keeper grooves wore away and three of the valves started to sink, one really bad.
Brad Roberts
Thanks for advertising your products on 914world.com

Would you like to "advertise" on the site for $1,200 a year paid quarterly?

We have close to 6k members worldwide in what a we consider a "target" audience for someone selling T4 parts.

Think about it.

B

Mueller
QUOTE(john rogers @ Jun 19 2006, 04:59 PM) *

Has anyone run one of these setups in a race car yet for a couple of good wheel to wheel weekends? I'd be leary of Chinese made parts until someone does and it holds together. We had Chinese valves in my daughter's aftermarket heads, looked fine originally but the keeper grooves wore away and three of the valves started to sink, one really bad.

I think the import stuff falls into 2 main categories...

cheap replacment (or dare I say knock-off depending on the part)

and

decent, high quality part....they can make good stuff, it's just takes a bunch of hand holding and spelling everything out in total detail from the material used to how to properly package (had a company make some prototype stuff for our company once, just kept the sorta industry standard "cleanroom" package notes on the drawing, part was clean, then wrapped in bubble wrap and then newspaper )
URY914
Don't take offence but how about a little background info on you please. We just want to know who we're dealing with.

Paul
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 19 2006, 05:08 PM) *

Thanks for advertising your products on 914world.com

Would you like to "advertise" on the site for $1,200 a year paid quarterly?

We have close to 6k members worldwide in what a we consider a "target" audience for someone selling T4 parts.

Think about it.

B

Hi Brad

Thought about it.

Nope, not my products, don't have a business.

I, do come across stuff that could be of intrest to other club members.
I, myself cannot afford a $1,500 SCAT crank, as alot of other club members can't, but a $650 crank, is an attainable goal. And I'll buy the first one, when they finally come out . I've already bought the first set of cut to fit cyl studs.

Does, the Club need money? I'd put my project on the back burner again and give a donation, but wait, that question was asked not to long ago, and the answer was no.

I, donated so 914 Club members could go racing, it wasn't alot, but it was enough to have to put my project on the back burner at the time. They needed the money, and I was glad to help.

So, why am I being singled out?
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 19 2006, 05:35 PM) *

Don't take offence but how about a little background info on you please. We just want to know who we're dealing with.

Paul

Hi Paul

No, offense taken.

As, for dealing with me? Nobody has too, as to the studs, anyone can buy them from EMW, they cost $225 a set, I got a little price break that I was passing on to any Club members interested.

And, anyone can set up a group buy, for a better price break. A group buy of ten sets will cost $205 a set, all they would have to do is call Jorge at EMW.

Mueller Posted Jun 19 2006, 03:31 PM
why the 2.0 jrnl size?

is this a good thing or not compared the Type I size??

Apparently, theirs more than one person on this deal, and the other person wanted 78mm 2.0 Jrl cranks, the rest of the cranks, will be 78mm to 86mm and will be type 1 width, with chevy jrls, and maybe some type 1 dia jrls?

The, Affordable Type lV 2.0 ltr rods were made, for no other reason than supply & demand, theirs been no supply, but their has been a great demand. And nobody has bother to make an Affordable supply till now.

These, are all benefits to the Type lV community, reguardless of who is doing it.

The, Cranks & Rods will also be coming from Jorge at EMW. Group buys for price breaks will be offered on these also.

Brad Roberts
Your screen name and signature SCREAMS: I SELL PARTS & Build engines...

What kind of kickback do you get when Jorge@EMW sells something to a 914 guy? from the clubsite.

Cool if you dont, but why promote Jorges business?

I'm all about new parts.

Have Jorge contact me if he/you are interested in selling NEW parts here.

B

r_towle
I for one am happy someone is making these parts..for a better price too!!!

I dont know who EMW is though..or Jorge..

Rich
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 20 2006, 03:26 PM) *

What kind of kickback do you get when Jorge@EMW sells something to a 914 guy? from the clubsite.

I'm all about new parts.

Have Jorge contact me if he/you are interested in selling NEW parts here.

B

Quote:

My, screen name was V6914, which I didn't like, so I changed it.

I, mostly buy parts from the club members, and I do build engines, my own, some what out of the box at that, (unconventional). And I'am building Joe Buckel's engine, as we make time, poor guy was burnt pretty bad , Oh, and I'am doing it for free.

Quote:

The stud kits that, I, have listed, I, bought for $205, that I'am selling for $215 I, make $10 bucks on, and save a Club member $10.

Quote:

First, he's a friend, second the studs are quality item, that are needed in the Type 4 Community.

Quote:
I'am about new parts.

I'am about quality new parts.

You, didn't answer my question: Why am I being singled out?

I, didn't see you, making the same inquiry at this posting:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=54312

Or this one:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=54408:

OR:

OR:

OR:
URY914
I have to ask....

Do you know Steve Stromberg?
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 20 2006, 06:08 PM) *

I have to ask....

Do you know Steve Stromberg?

Yes, I know Stromberg? WTF.gif does that have to do with anything ? Most of the SO CAL Club members, know him.

Let me very clear, Do I associate with him? No.

And the last time I saw him was before he was banned from the club.

AND ONE MORE THING: KMA.gif
URY914
I ask a simple question and you tell me to kiss your ass? confused24.gif You must have learned how to treat your customer from Steve. laugh.gif

Brad Roberts
The reason why:

HPH will and has sponsored more 914 events than you can name off. He was one of the founding members of the original 914club, and would be the first person in line to "advertise" with us.

Do I need to go on?

I dont know who you are. You came off as Stromberg in disguise (read posts above where others thought the same damn thing)

This is why you were singled out.

I'm happy you are helping out club members. This is how all this started.

KEP: they will be contacted also. I have been dealing with them since 1994. Old man Kennedy would sponsor the site also if need be.
URY914
popcorn[1].gif happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
guys!!!

i know this guy (richard) and he is a local teener head.

why are you giving him the third degree???? he has some type 4 connections and is trying to pass some off on us. that is awesome.

the rest of you guys are acting stupid....

this guy is a member, my friend, and a very knowledgable type 4 guy, and is a big time player at Shoptalkforums...

grow up.
Brad Roberts
Great Aaron.

Remove him from your friend list for a second and see if his very first post in this thread didnt wreak of Stromberg?

The first time I saw his screen name = Stromberg

Post this in the "resources" area??
ppickerell
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 20 2006, 10:05 PM) *

Great Aaron.

Remove him from your friend list for a second and see if his very first post in this thread didnt wreak of Stromberg?

Don't be such a cranky bradhole. You run out of medication? Many people hawk their wares here as well as promote other's products without being attacked. dead horse.gif
Brad Roberts
I know.

I honestly thought this guy was Stromberg.

This site has a voice that speaks loudly to the 914 masses.

eds72
Hi. I don't get on this board much because I'm either on the STF and/or the Cal-Look.com board. But I'm a teener guy too. I met Richard at EMW whom I've been a customer of since 1998. Great guy. He always gives me a call to see how I'm doing. He even stopped by Bakersfield to visit. I consider him a mentor in the 914 world...now if he only took out of his car those three spare engines he has laying there in pieces, I could possibly get a ride in his 2667?

BTW, this board is one the funniest I've seen...

Take care,

Eddie.
bob91403
A while ago I realized that I spent too much time on this site, and not enough on my teener, or the wife and kids. I recently returned because I've been doing a lot of work on the teener lately and needed the collective expertise only this site could offer. Pardon my ignorance, but, what's a Stromberg? idea.gif And, when did this forum start charging for advertising? huh.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 20 2006, 10:05 PM) *

Great Aaron.

Some of you can't see the forest thru the trees, under my screen name, what's the date I became a member?

Did, anyone bother to look up all my postings, it's not really hard, or look at my blog, or act before you think, OOPS.

I'am opinionated, sometimes an as*hole an more times than not an opinionated as*hole. OH SH*T I starting to sound like Jake happy11.gif

And Paul I didn't think, you thought I was Stromburg, I thought you were implying I, was Like Stoimburg, so sorry for telling you to KMA.gif happy11.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
Thanks to all the guys who spoke up for me, AAron, Eddie and everyone else.

Hey Ron, have you been following this, short lived as it was, a little Drama, it wasn't to Boring, and I didn't even start it this time. happy11.gif
Brad Roberts
Yes. I did read several of your posts..

Like the one where you announced more parts..

Then had trouble with a person selling parts... Click here for SELLING PARTS

I see NO reason why I would have thought you *might* be Steve.

What does member number have to do with it?
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 21 2006, 12:37 AM) *

Yes. I did read several of your posts..

Like the one where you announced more parts..

Then had trouble with a person selling parts... Click here for SELLING PARTS

I see NO reason why I would have thought you *might* be Steve.

What does member number have to do with it?

Deductive Reasoning, 2 + 2 , when was Stromberg banned from the Club? That was last year some time, and when he was banned his member # went with him, and since my # is 2004 and still Active then I was never banned, and if Stromberg did join again under an Alias, it would of been after he was banned, and would of been 2005 member #.

dstar
You speel mukh beter than Stromturd!

Icud tel wright away it wuzn't him!

;-)

Don
bottomend
I dont post much here these daze but I have seen Richard (T$ unleashed... I like that. Lets keep it! ) at the Shop Talk Forums for a while. He can definatly incite a lively debate on occasion but there is no doubt that the guy is on an honest mission to prove what these engines are capable of doing.

I met him though Jorge at Europaean Motorworks ( I bought parts from them a number of times) and he's been kind enough to offer advice over the phone to me a couple of times. If you need to check my credentials, check the samba in the bay window forum. Some believe I've attained sainthood over there.... ( blush)

Jeff (orange bus driver dude)
Brad Roberts
I dont doubt he is legit. Many of us can build engines and spew information.

I have been dealing with Jorge long before this place or STF. I bought my first H grind T4 cam from him and CW T4 66mm crank back in 1988 before they were European Motorworks. Recently he supplied me with piston rings for some Oettinger pistons and cylinder sets..

We can all buy from Jorge is my point. His intial post didnt say a damn thing about Jorge.

We all have "followers" that drink the coolaide. They just so happen to drink from a different pitcher between the two of us.

B
Joe Bob
This thread is going nowhere. If you want to sell...sell in the ads....

I'm closing this thread....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.