Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I am currently running a Bosch 050 with Crane optical points (not really "points" but a light beam and a disc, instead of points) and a Crane 3000 CD unit.

The problem is the 050 cap is crap. barf.gif The cap has aluminum conductors instead of copper like a 009. Also the cap does not fit in a notch in the body of the dizzy like a 009 does, so the cap can rotate slightly even when the clips are tight.

So the question is do I stay with the 050 or go back to my 009? (I think I know what I'm going to do)

What are some of you guys running???

Paul smilie_flagge6.gif

PS, Don't tell me to go buy a Mallory. I'll do that some day but not now.
redshift
I dunno.

Where are the beautiful pictures of your new paint job?

smile.gif

M
URY914
Miles,
try to stay on-topic and focus, please. wavey.gif

Are you going to Jax for the swap meet 10/25?
need4speed
Can't you just buy a new cap for the 050, and one with copper contacts?
(don't have my 050 handy to inspect to see what metal the contacts are)
maybe an aftermarket cap is better than the one that came on your 050. (maybe it IS an aftermarket cap).
Jake Raby
I'm not fond of the 050 at all.........way too retarded at idle for me.

Mallory Unilite 2 words taht mean adjustability, smooth running and no mpre point replacement thingys to leave you on the side of the road. Starting Jan 1 all my engines get one, standard
seanery
Jake,

I've got a 2.0 euro pistoned, approx 9.1-9.5 c/r, dual 40's, SSI's, etc...do you have a p/n for the mallory that you recomend for a setup like this?
URY914
The 050 is a made in Brazil by Bosch but isn't the quality of the 009. Not too many suppliers carry parts for them. I don't know if there is a differnt cap avaible but I doubt it.

Paul
Jake Raby
4554101 www.aircooled.net is the source
URY914
Jake,
Is the ones at aircooled.net copper?

Paul
thesey914
I use the 1.8 distributor. Its miles better than the 009 and 050.
It has about 35 deg of advance (with a little advance at tickover) and has vacuum advance. It also has vacuum retard but no point in using this.

My oil temps went down and gas mileage went up with the advance......don't know if this matters on your race car if you're on full throttle mostly all the time?
URY914
I ran a autox this past Sunday and paid close attention to my right foot. I found it to be all the way down on the gas or not at all (during braking).

So you use your 1.8 dizzy with carbs?

Paul
thesey914
Yep Twin 45 dells.....they have a vacuum port on the left carb (or the right side....hmmm)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.