Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorry for the Noob question but...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
i tried and it stops. =-)

so andy must have remvoed something.

anyone know what he removed to allow his to do this?

can the mystery part be removed with the seat still on the runners?

yes, i'm being lazy and don't want to remove the seat by removing all them bolts....

confused24.gif

thanks in advance....

roger
Andyrew
Did you push the "seat stop" in?
Its located in the actual rail on the seat, up front on the lever side IIRC just behind the lever. about 3inches long, rail width, it sits in the rail, out of view.
Push the seat all the way forward, then back one incy bit.. then push up on a spring thing, and very skillfully push the seat lever up and pull the lever towards the front..

Practice it a couple of times, then do it for real biggrin.gif

Then when you get it out.. inspect it and marvel at Porsche's intelect..
Rand
There's a release under the rail. Slide it forward until it stops, then reach under the track on the rail with the loop and push up on the little spring steel tab to make it let go. Then it comes forward and out.
tomamafone
Another method is to slide it all the way forward and gently put a large screwdriver in between the adjustment lever and the rail, holding it up. it slides right out after that. The Screwdriver makes it easy for one person to do.
Rand
Dang that Andyrew is quick. Slid the reply in under me. laugh.gif

I don't recall a pin. No mods necessary. [edit: oops, somebody deleted the post I was referring to there]

Only takes a sec to pull the seat out when you know where to push on the release. No screwdriver required. Feel/push around under the rail with the hoop. You'll find it. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
Quick draw....

ka Bang!

Its really easy once you figure it out roger.. but putting it back... is another story...
Dr. Roger
holy guacamole you guys are freakin' fast!

i leave to get a glass of water and brush my teeth and there's 5 replies...

my hat is off to the 914club brain trust for exceeding my already inflated opinions of everyone here.
i propose our next thread to be focused on curing cancer.

cheers,
roger

KMA.gif

clap56.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.