Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My First Teener!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomamafone
After driving the family track car for a while ('71 914 with a '72 911T MFI motor), I knew that i had to get one of these little cars. They're just too much fun to drive. So this weekend i picked up my baby, a Red '75 1.8L. It still really hasnt sunken in yet that its mine... it still feels like im driving the track car around by some incredible privelege. rolleyes.gif anyway, here are some pics!

She lived at the beach for a while so the paint is seriously faded (luckily she's got solid longs etc.)
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Quarter Panel Problems... Thats first on my to do list, paint job is second
IPB Image
IPB Image

Interior looks good, some PO stripped her most of the way down and re-painted her. and when i say most i mean not including the rubber seals, plastic parts, and all other "gee i should've removed that" parts. headbang.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Its a little hard to tell but the trunk bows away from the natural curve of the car. it fits in the center but raises up at both ends and just isnt... right. sign of accident? ionno.
IPB Image

IPB Image

Eventually i'd like to have steel flares and backdated chrome bumpers with a smoothed painted top and heck, while we're dreaming, a six in there. She's a little ugly now but she'll get there. Its going to be slow and steady work from here on out!!!

P.S. The tires look incredibly skinny because, well, they are. they're 165's icon8.gif They're going away ASAP. 195's are the biggest i can fit under stock fenders right?
elwood-914
Good find. Just a bit of work and she'll be a beauty.
I have 195's on mine but some get by with 205's. Some don't, it seems like every car is a bit different. Once you've been bit, it's hard not to love these cars.
Welcome

Tim
Jeroen
congrats!!!
blitZ
Nice car, congratulations. clap56.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Congrats beer3.gif My first teener was a '75 1.8L:
http://www.icbm.org/erkson/personal/914STATS.HTM

IPB Image

I now have a '73 1.7L but with a true 2.0L engine in it (PO install).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.