Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guess who's back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
Poor 'lil thing, nobody loves it. wub.gif
Aaron Cox
ill take it off their hands for a nominal fee lol2.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Current bid is $19.72 but reserve isn't met...so why doesn't the seller start out the bidding at the reserve price blink.gif This has never made sense to me but, then again, I don't like e-screw-you-over-bay anywhoo.

And since when is 1.7L considered HUGE for the 914? laugh.gif
madd_dogg_914
The reason for starting the bidding out so low is simple. As people see the car with a low bid on it they think they wil get a steal on it. So they place a bid for say . . . $1000. Now of course the reserve is still not met and if the other bidders had not bid that high then it would only show a bid amount of the next highest bidder. So what you end up with is a bunch of people "experimenting" on the bid hoping to get a great deal. What ends up happening is that you get a item that appears to be extremely popular (in terms of number of bids) when in reality it may be only two people trying to bid the lowest amount to meet the reserve. Make sense . . .

-Chris
Air_Cooled_Nut
No, it doesn't make sense from a SELLER view point. I understand the buyers bidding low but if the seller expects a minimum price then, to me being the logical person I am, why don't they set the minimum price at the reserve price.

Christ...just why I hate ebay.

Anyway, I like the butt of the car but I'd hate to have to do work on the engine with those extended sails!
EdwardBlume
Go go gadget 914. No offense, but me thinks that car is fugly. wink.gif
thesey914
Yep truly 'kin ugly....but that interior looks nice
ChrisReale
But wait....the HUGE 1.7L engine has been UPGRADED to twin webers...
Hawktel
If you have a reserve up your Buy it now stays up longer.

The Reserve with Ebay cost money. like 10%.IIRC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.