Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC Travel Plans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
Linda & I are leaving Flagstaff on July 1 with the 914 in tow behind the Eurovan camper. We expect to make Tonapah, NV by Saturday night, then somewhere around Redding, CA by Sunday night.

We've got reservations to camp at Bullards Beach State Park, at Bandon, OR, for Monday through Thursday nights. I expect one of those days will be used for a run in the teener up the coast to Tillamook and back driving.gif

Friday we'll head across to I-5 near Roseburg, the take I-5 up to Eugene where we'll head East for the Sisters, OR area where I'll leave Linda & the Eurovan so that she can attend the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show on Saturday. I'll be driving the 914 from there up OR22 to Salem where I'll pick up I-5 to head up to Portland.

I hope we run across some club members along the way!
VegasRacer
Happy Trails Ernie.
We will see you in Portland.

We will honk and wave if we see you on the side of the road before then.
Porsche Rescue
We've got reservations to camp at Bullards Beach State Park, at Bandon, OR, for Monday through Thursday nights. I expect one of those days will be used for a run in the teener up the coast to Tillamook and back driving.gif

...... up OR22 to Salem where I'll pick up I-5 to head up to Portland.

You are going to see some beautiful country. You don't need to go all the way to Tillamook (unless you have a reason) to see the coastal scenery. Newport is far enough.

And, even though Sisters to Salem is "Up" on the map, you will be going down to Salem! biggrin.gif As I suggested earlier, unload the 914 and drive from Salem to Sisters.
rhodyguy
what route are you planning on taking to the coast from redding? the 299?

k
Eric Taylor
The drive up to Newport would be beautiful. Lots of great coastal scenery. If you plan on making a trip to newport and would like some tips on local places to eat or what to do just pm me.

Eric
ThinAir
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 19 2006, 07:21 AM) *

what route are you planning on taking to the coast from redding? the 299?

k

Nope, not the 299! We're going to head up I-5 to Roseburg, OR and head over to Bandon on OR42. I haven't done the 299 (although if I was driving the 914 instead of towing it I'd sure want to drive it), but we did the coastal highway in Northern CA the last time we went to Oregon so there's not urgency to see that stretch on this trip.

Our goal is to get to the Oregon coast as quickly as possible and then have some deep decompression time by staying in one place for several days. Bandon is a nice quiet little town that is fun to wander. There's lot's of space for bicycling at the camp ground. The only downside is that they've closed the cheese & ice cream factory/store since we were there the last time. Bummer!
ThinAir
driving.gif Here we go!!! driving.gif

See you on Friday in Portland!!
Flat VW
Good luck Ernie! thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.