Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Discs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
heifetz
I've been working on redoing the rear brakes for months now. I bought new 914/4 rotors from PP. I had them drilled for 5-lug. The guy screwed them up and drilled them wrong (Apparently, using the old rotors as a template is too complicated WTF.gif ). I then bought 914/6 rotors from PP, and they don't fit at all. The diameter of the "hub part" is too small to fit over the hubs on the car.

Are the rotors PP sent me the wrong parts or does my car have a "non-standard" 5-lug upgrade?

The original rotors have a 6 5/8" "hub diameter"... and the new are 6".

Click to view attachment
heifetz
...and the new rotors...
Click to view attachment
heifetz
... even the "hub holes" are a different diameter...
Click to view attachment
Mueller
i'm confused, if you had the new rotor re-drilled, where are the original 4-lug thru holes that are not used?

it's the ID that matters, are you saying they don't fit over your hubs at all??

gopack
Here is what I know.
I have the 5 lug conversion from Mr. Eric Shea (AKA the MAN), and the 914-6 discs from PP. this all fits together nicely.
If the bolt circle is NOT 5 x 130, then they are the wrong part.

With a five-lug pattern, measure from the center of one stud hole to the center of the farthest stud hole, skipping the adjacent hole. The resulting measurement is slightly smaller than the actual bolt-circle diameter.

94 mm (3 11/16 inches) 100 mm
108 mm (4 1/4 inches) 112 mm
109 mm (4 5/16 inches) 115 mm
114 mm (4 1/2 inches) 120 mm
124 mm (4 7/8 inches) 130 mm

Hope this helps!

from the second picture it looks as if the measurement MAY be 4.5 inches which would be a 120 mm pattern
Mike D.
That looks like the wrong disc. The stud holes aren't wide enough compaired to the old disc that came off the car... maybe got 5 x 100
Bleyseng
Whats the part number on the new disc as it looks wrong.

My 914/6 discs fit prefectly on my 914 hubs. I did have to clearance the calipers abit thou........ mad.gif
Demick
Yeah, those discs have to be the wrong parts. Bolt circle looks like 5x120mm (or 5x4.75") based on your measuring tape. Definitely the wrong discs.

Demick
Matt Romanowski
What part number did you get?

The -4 is 914-352-401-10, the -6 is 911-351-041-20 and the vented rear (for a six conversion) is 901-352-041-14.

Matt
heifetz
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Jun 19 2006, 10:07 AM) *

What part number did you get?

The -4 is 914-352-401-10, the -6 is 911-351-041-20 and the vented rear (for a six conversion) is 901-352-041-14.

Matt

Going by GOPACK's numbers, they seemed to be 120mm diameter.

The part number is 901-352-401-18-OEM (at least according to the PP bill of sale).
Eric_Shea
Wrong disc from PP. Should have two hub mounting screws as well.
Brad Roberts
Welcome to the F-up'd world of drop shipping where the company that sells you the part never sees the part that went out to you! Gotta love it. WorldPaq sent you a BMW rotor or something.

B
JPB
Did you enjoy that? Did ya? We are all family here and we all help each other out in these sensitive matters. Why oh why go outside the circle of trust to some kind of flimflam man? We all ask, why? Pouquoi for god sakes?
Mueller
QUOTE(JPB @ Jun 19 2006, 05:27 PM) *

Did you enjoy that? Did ya? We are all family here and we all help each other out in these sensitive matters. Why oh why go outside the circle of trust to some kind of flimflam man? We all ask, why? Pouquoi for god sakes?

someone must be enjoying happy hour right about now beer3.gif biggrin.gif

screw ups happen, not too many places left to buy parts for our cars on-line, got a recommendation for a shop that is error free and easy to buy from????

JPB
Sorry, its the red wine talking. The best way is having like a bunch of cars in the back yard to salvage from. Error free? As long as I'm ordering, there will be some real @#%$#*&^%^$%ups for shure.

sheeplove.gif Wait, I got it, let me get this good looking deal right here at lowballbangerer.com.
heifetz
QUOTE(JPB @ Jun 19 2006, 04:27 PM) *

JPB, what do you mean? I thought PP was "in". smile.gif
heifetz
Anyway, the rotors are BALO instead of the "Genuine Porsche" I ordered from PP. Now I have to wait for the sales "supervisor" to tell me if I get my shipping costs refunded. About $85 round trip.
SGB
QUOTE(heifetz @ Jun 19 2006, 08:25 PM) *

Anyway, the rotors are BALO instead of the "Genuine Porsche" I ordered from PP. Now I have to wait for the sales "supervisor" to tell me if I get my shipping costs refunded. About $85 round trip.

I'll be very surprised if PP makes you eat anything besides the wasted time. I think they care as much as they can and still run a business.
davep
QUOTE(heifetz @ Jun 19 2006, 05:25 PM) *

Anyway, the rotors are BALO instead of the "Genuine Porsche" I ordered from PP.

"Genuine Porsche" should be Zimmermann I would think. There may be others that Porsche sourced from, but Zimmermann is what I have always purchased over the past 30 years.
GWN7
a quick search turned up this....

"Balo Brakes
German made OEM brakes are now available in the aftermarket with our selection of Balo brakes for your European car
Why bother with cheap offshore brakes that might not give you the same performance as original—especially when OE Balo brakes are available
Balo brake rotors are produced from the same heat-treated steels as your original rotors
As one of the premier suppliers to BMW and Mercedes, Balo brakes have been tested in the harshest conditions "

They make for : • Audi • BMW • Mercedes Benz • Saab
• Volkswagen • Volvo

Someone mislabled the parts or grabbed the wrong ones off the shelf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.