Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are headlight covers made out of?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
What material is normaly used for automotie lights. Is it Acrylic, lexan or something else?
banksyinoz
spoke to a plastics guy last week he tolk me that all new cars are using moulded lexan headlighs now nice guy i will be goin back very helpfull beerchug.gif
turboman808
Thanks.

I found a link that explains them both. Lexan is more durable but scratches easy. Acrylic breaks easier.

I'm thinking the stuff is cheap enough I might try the acrylic first and see what happens screwy.gif
Jeroen
can you post some detail pics of your lights?
turboman808
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Jun 19 2006, 04:51 AM) *

can you post some detail pics of your lights?

I'll try to do it when I get home tonight

here is a someone fiero I found http://www.mindspring.com/~martinwhite/fiero/lights.html

Nice work but dam he used some cheap ass lights.
Jeroen
yeah, but those are driving lights and wouldn't be legal...
WRX914
I am pretty good friends with a guy who has an acrylic fish tank manufactoring facility. He has a huge oven and could probably do just about anything you would wish.

let me know...

Keith
turboman808
QUOTE(WRX914 @ Jun 19 2006, 08:19 AM) *

I am pretty good friends with a guy who has an acrylic fish tank manufactoring facility. He has a huge oven and could probably do just about anything you would wish.

Pretty sure this I can handle. We shall see the outcome. It would be nice if I had a spare headlights so I could het them to that shape. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.