Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: removing headlight relay socket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
obscurity
Whats the trick? The relay comes out no problem but the socket seems to be a grommet through the metal in the trunk. Do I just push it out and replace it if it breaks or is there a better way?
dinomium
spray the base with some tri-flow or WD40 first, then use a weatherstiping tool to gently pry on it. It looks like a crowbar end on a screwdriver handle. if the nub does snap, I think PP has replacements. You will have to solder (or use squeeze on) the new leads.

Why are you wanting to yank the socket, I am just curious...
obscurity
I am trying to strip everything off the car prior to rust repair and repaint. The last repaint by PO left everything in the car and it just bugs me when the entire wiring harness is red
rhodyguy
it pushes thru from the trunk side towards the side the motor is on. just start one point with a screwdriver and gently work it. ixnay on the wd40. when it's time to install, go to the drug store and buy a little bottle of glycerin to lube and help ease the socket back in.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.