Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: U.S. General Floor Jack from Harbor Freight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
Hey all,

Well, the U.S. General Aluminum Floor Jack I got a number rof years ago from H.F. has stopped pumping. I've tried bleeding it by taking off the fill cap (no bleed valve on this one) and giving it short strokes to push out any air, then capping it off when full. This however, does not solve the problem. I'm using motorcycle fork oil for now, as it's what I have on my shelf.

Symptoms: Jack will only pump at the bottom 1/4 of the stroke, and will not lift very high before stopping all together.

Any suggestions? Am I bleeding it wrong? Is it done?

Thanks!

-Josh2
URY914
HF barf.gif

This is what I do when I bleed my jack. Lower it all the way, fill it with jack oil leaving the cap off it. Pump it up untill it spills out than close the cap. It takes several times screwing with it before you get it working right. Good Luck....
jhadler
Thanks,

I'll give it another go that way and see what I get.

I know, H.F. sells the cheap stuff. Buy cheap, buy twice. But, it was CHEAP. And it was LIGHT. I really only use it for changing wheels for the most part. Lifting the car for anything more than that is left to Mongo. That's the floor jack that -stays- on the floor. 'Cause I ain't liftin' it...

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.