Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What kind of wheels are these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Samba Ad: Unknown wheels.

Says they are 13"x5½" and 13"x7". Neat design, would be cool AX wheels biggrin.gif
jhadler
The design looks familiar, but I can't place it. But 13's won't fit over our brakes anyway...

-Josh2
URY914
American Racing Libra's.

A friend had a set of 14" on his 914 in 1978.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Brando @ Jun 19 2006, 12:42 PM) *

Samba Ad: Unknown wheels.

Says they are 13"x5½" and 13"x7". Neat design, would be cool AX wheels biggrin.gif

American Racing Libra wheels. Popular in the '70s especially with the Datsun Z guys. I have a set in the driveway for my 240Z.

By the way, they polish up nicely but came with a grey matte finish on the paddles originally.

Rob
mrdezyne
I have a set of these that I'll be selling after paint (using them as rollers now). They are American racing also but I'm not sure of the model. 14" x 6" I think.
Mueller
QUOTE(jhadler @ Jun 19 2006, 12:44 PM) *

The design looks familiar, but I can't place it. But 13's won't fit over our brakes anyway...

-Josh2

I know of 1 914 running 13" rims...he changed the bolt pattern at the same time and installed smaller diameter rotors (10" dia. I think instead of the stock 11") so he'd have the clearance....could have been smaller...but you get the idea smile.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 19 2006, 04:18 PM) *

-Josh2

I know of 1 914 running 13" rims...he changed the bolt pattern at the same time and installed smaller diameter rotors (10" dia. I think instead of the stock 11") so he'd have the clearance....could have been smaller...but you get the idea smile.gif

Why blink.gif

AX advantage? huh.gif
anderssj
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Jun 19 2006, 12:14 PM) *

I have a set of these that I'll be selling after paint (using them as rollers now). They are American racing also but I'm not sure of the model. 14" x 6" I think.

You're right, also AmRacing ("LeMans," IIRC) . . . have a set on the car right now, "5.5J x 15" Originally intended for VWs, there's not much clearance at the outside of the rear fender (only have about 1/2 whe running 165x15 tires).

I think that there were some other sizes in this model for TR6 and Alfa applications.

Best,
highways
I coulda sworn they are the infamous Sink Erator wheels.. idea.gif
jhadler
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jun 19 2006, 12:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 19 2006, 04:18 PM) *

-Josh2

Why blink.gif

AX advantage? huh.gif

Yup, you guessed it. Put some 13x9 wheels with 225/45-13's (little rubber barrels) on there. The gearing change will allow for much better acceleration out of the corners. And it'll be so short, that first gear becomes -too- short, and you can just not use it or worry about it.

But changing brakes in my class isn't legal, so I couldn't go down that road.

-Josh2
SLITS
American "Daisy" Wheels

And Brandon, nothing will make that 1.8 fast short of shooting it out of a cannon.
sixnotfour
I had those on my 63 corvair spyder, 13x7 had to pull the front fenders a bit.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 19 2006, 02:19 PM) *

American "Daisy" Wheels

And Brandon, nothing will make that 1.8 fast short of shooting it out of a cannon.

Ya ve can unpimp ze auto
JPB
If they ain't hub centric, good luck getting them ballanced bro.

sheeplove.gif How ya say, "Ya they were cool but ahhh not so good for practical reasons." " Wish my 914 brothers were ther to save me from this foapa."
Brando
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 19 2006, 02:19 PM) *
American "Daisy" Wheels

Hey now Mr. "Glory Days" race car driver, you didn't run, let alone stay for the whole event Saturday, so I don't wanna hear it from you tongue.gif

--In the midst of getting some sponsorship to shave weight and finance my 2.0 that Ron so graciously helped me get. I was thinking, going with smaller diameter wheels is cheaper than re-gearing a whole trans. Right Aaron?
lol2.gif
Aaron Cox
regearing is cheap! but you gotta figure out how to put it together LOL
Chris Pincetich
I have those AR wheels, polished up, 911 center caps, in 15 X 6.75"...195/50s just barely squeeze in the back. I like 'em beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.