Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DJet Diagnostic Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Would someone please post a pic, serial number etc of the DJET Bosch VW diagnostic tool.

Pics, are needed.

Thanx

Rich
Air_Cooled_Nut
Which one?
Air_Cooled_Nut
I have this one and we use it in our VW shop.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/images...4_FI_tester.JPG
ptravnic
Is this the holy grail? Please explain what this tool does! Seems like folks are always troubleshooting D-Jet FI (me included...).

-pt
JeffBowlsby
The factory boxes are cool, but all you need is a working knowledge of Brad Anders website info and an ohmmeter
Air_Cooled_Nut
No, not a Holy Grail. A wiring diagram and VOM work pretty well. There's a couple other FI testers as well. The one above is the simplified unit, using a combination of red, yellow, and green lights (alone, in combination and flashing). Instructions are on the PP side. Do a search for "fuel injection tester" there.
ptravnic
Crap - I thought there was an idiot proof box that could somehow do all the djet testing/brain work for me. sheeplove.gif

Back to Brad Anders I go... smash.gif
r_towle
There is a box like you describe.
It plugs into/inline with the computer and tests all the sensors.
Bosch Diagnostic tool

Could someone tell me what it is specifically?

Rich
r_towle
ok, I found it.

I just acquired this tester.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/support/Bosch_tester.htm
r_towle
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 19 2006, 06:09 PM) *

ok, I found it.

So, any interest in this item?

Rich
type47
i'm interested. i have one just like it. but like has been said; all you need is a multimeter and pbanders.com
r_towle
QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 19 2006, 09:58 PM) *

i'm interested. i have one just like it. but like has been said; all you need is a multimeter and pbanders.com

As I have no manual, and have found only a little bit online so far...

This one looks like you can adjust the MPS...

That alone cannot be done with a multimeter....

rich
TeamAxisRacing
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 19 2006, 07:01 PM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 19 2006, 09:58 PM) *

As I have no manual, and have found only a little bit online so far...

This one looks like you can adjust the MPS...

That alone cannot be done with a multimeter....

rich

You can adjust the MPS with that? i doubt that, i played with a janbo which is almost identical to that last one posted and its just a 70's ohm meter and checks to see if wires and good. it does work well to see if trigger points are set right and fire injectors off.

to adjust the MPS you need a vac pump a Inductance/VOM and a bunch of parts and the right numbers to adjust them right.
type47
agree.gif

you would need something in the exhaust to measure CO to adjust MPS. it will measure the resistance of the coils in the MPS though....

i think all the procedures for testing using this device are in the factory workshop manual.
alpha434
IPB Image

Here it is. I've got two, if anyone needs one... Really helpful with L-Jet and carburators too. biggrin.gif
Rand
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Jun 20 2006, 12:05 AM) *

IPB Image

laugh.gif

Maybe Geoff can pipe in here. How's the Janbo?
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 19 2006, 06:39 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 19 2006, 06:09 PM) *

ok, I found it.

So, any interest in this item?

Rich

Interest as in you want to sell it? I'm interested if so, assuming it's functional. Email of PM me.

You cannot adjust the MPS with it, in fact, none of the FI testers can adjust any part of these FI systems, they are read-only devices. It takes a human to make adjustments. Our FI computers are not even close to OBD biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.