Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 goes to new home (just not mine)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heeltoe914
OK I just wonted to be the first to say. -------- Congrats on the Purchace of the 9146 out of fairfield Calif. great price a real still, Truly.
I hope it brings much joy to you. Damit. no I realy hope so damit.
I was two hours to late.
This is a pic of a driver 9146 that sold today for under 7500 complete car. running a factory six. Congrats to the new owner. Please sign in and joint the fun.

System not taking Pictures this afternoon. Will try tonight.
G e o r g e
confused24.gif

WTF.gif

popcorn[1].gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
JPB
Holy wet dump Batman, we lost a good one. Sorry of the news and wish you got it. Hey, there are more where that came from. Don't loose the faith my brother.

beer.gif Good luck comes to those who are prepared, drink much beer and have the opportunity to strike. Be prepared and strick with confidence for there will be many more opportunities, I am certain of this.!
Dr. Roger
well if it was lost to a person in fairfield, ca. then there's a high probability that they'll end up in this club. north bay 914 will track 'em down and get 'em involved.... =-)
Heeltoe914
I have tryed three time to post pic. I have done it many times in the past. I think its the system again. Sorry but I had to get it out anyway.

tryed again 5pm

tryed agian at 630pm

redused pics to 280 x 480 still no luck. I give up.

Got the pictures up sorry for the delay. bitmap change to jpg.
G e o r g e
care to share how or where you got the lead..... beerchug.gif
grasshopper
is it a JPG file?
jd74914
Wow . . . someone got a smoking deal
Leamon,
What board was this on ? What a deal !! Still have my 1971-4,Its going
on 30 years that Ive owned It....Any pictures of the engine bay??
914/Alan
Heeltoe914
Good to here from you Allen that yellow car of yours is what got me started in 914. The way you cared for that car should start paying off now.
I look all around for cars the info is out there, You just have to track it down. Takes time but the rewards are there.
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jun 19 2006, 09:03 PM) *

Good to here from you Allen that yellow car of yours is what got me started in 914. The way you cared for that car should start paying off now.
I look all around for cars the info is out there, You just have to track it down. Takes time but the rewards are there.

Leamon,
If you ever down in the west side e mail me, I canary yellow twins
now,They are really clean. Was it really my 914 that got you
started. What ever happened to Kris ??
brer
sorry ya missed it man.
its only a six though.

smile.gif
BenT
Hello Gang,

Just wanted to make a quick intro. I am new to the board. Thanks to intro from John W. in Rocklin, CA. It was his pristine 914-6 with box flares that got me thinking about these boxy Porsches again.

I happen to get home and browse through Craigslist and spotted the aforementioned 914-6 for sale. Looked like a prank ad. I mean, who posts their phone number in a CL ad? I resist the temptation to call but sent an email "just in case".

Next day, still no reply. I figured, definitely a prank ad.

No response. Monday afternoon, I had that nagging thought again. I looked up the ad and called. I was expecting some irate person answering the call due to possible bunch of calls from people wanting to see a bogus car. I politely said, "Hello, I was calling about an ad I saw in Craigslist which I thought might be a prank..." The woman started giggling. She said, "I know. I used to autocross this car when my late husband was alive. My second husband isn't too handy with cars and this thing is just sitting in the driveway etc.. Needs lots of work. He is making me sell it. Boo Hoo. I'll send you pictures."

I said OK. Send away. I wait 15 minutes but nothing came.

Jumped in the shower with thoughts about the car. I really shouldn't be buying another car I thought. At the end of shower, I decided another call was needed. Phone was busy. Still no email. I figured the heck with it. I hopped in the car and started driving east. When I got on the Bay Bridge, I called her again and got through. Told her I was coming and please do not sell before I got there as it is a long way for me to go. She said she had not called anyone back except one guy who said he would call in the evening. She said not to worry as she is giving me dibs since I seemed to be really motivated. I hung up with thoughts of finding a car completely destroyed with engine in pieces. I like to think that anytime I am looking at a car I consider to be a good buy.

The car looked OK. Needs a paintjob and interior restoration. I got in and turned the key. Broom.... she runs. Brakes are a bit stiff but works -- somewhat. Every soft part on the car is badly deteriorated. But damn. She runs. Shifts through al the gears well enough. I agree to buy her. Ran to my local bank and raided the piggy bank. When I got back, we did all the paperwork and just had a pleasant time chatting. All the while, the phone kept ringing to validate that I had made a good purchase.

I will now have to sell my 1973 914S. It's essentially a 914-2.0 with that quirky designation quickly discontinued by Porsche. This is my 4th 914 but my first 6. I've had nearly a dozen 911's and a 928. I still have an 82 Ruf 911SC and a 77 930S slopenose (steel conversion). This 914-6 is going to good home.

BenT

San Francisco

piratenanner.gif

thanks, vivien!!!
Michael N
Congrats on a great purchase. Looks like that was a smok'in deal !!! thumb3d.gif
mstein95
Sounds like an Urban Legend I once heard. Guy buys a sweet Porsche from a recent divorcee for $1 to piss off the ex.....or something like that.

Congrats, oh and welcome.png
racerx9146
Hey Ben

This is my ID on 914club.
John W (rocklin/Loomis)
BenT
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Jun 21 2006, 11:49 AM) *

Hey Ben

This is my ID on 914club.
John W (rocklin/Loomis)

Whoops! Loomis. If my fiancee divorces me, it's your fault. wink.gif

BenT
BenT
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jun 21 2006, 11:21 AM) *

Congrats on a great purchase. Looks like that was a smok'in deal !!! thumb3d.gif

Thanks, Michael. It's not a bad deal but it does have it's ragged edges. I just have to be careful not to get cut. I'm on a parts hunt now.

BenT
Root_Werks
Cool! Fix'er up and drive it! driving.gif
BenT
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Jun 21 2006, 11:26 AM) *

Sounds like an Urban Legend I once heard. Guy buys a sweet Porsche from a recent divorcee for $1 to piss off the ex.....or something like that.

Congrats, oh and welcome.png

Thanks for the welcome. I love Urban Legends because some of them are so true. I bought my 77 930S slantnose a few years ago from a fellow who decided to sel every car he had just because he was too sick and sick of them all. He needed a change. One of them was this thing had to get out of his garage. He sold it to me for $10K despite having another offer of $17K on deck. He also sold me his 73 914S. He's trying to get me to buy the paint matching Testarossa for song, the Unimog for the price of a VW, the NSX for the price of a nice 914-6. I need to save more pennies. Oh yeah, have you ever heard of drug dealer cars being sold off? I picked up a VW Vanagon Doublecab which was seized by US Customs. Dirt cheap of course. Live the legend whenever you can!

BenT
w/ the empty piggybank
BenT
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 21 2006, 12:14 PM) *

Cool! Fix'er up and drive it! driving.gif

That's the plan, Dan. If only I can get her to stop dripping oil... Oh well, there's always those unwanted 2.2 and 2.4 T engines in the backyard. They've got to be better than this boxerdripper.

BenT
davep
welcome.png

Thanks for joining us over here today, glad to have you. Thanks for the info, and please keep it coming.

Dave
Gint
Hi Ben. Nice score!

welcome.png
Eric_Shea
welcome.png you found a new home.
Heeltoe914
Hi ben Welcome to the club. I hope you get that with the intro I was only kiding. I like seeing anyone get a GREAT deal,and all the better when the person understands what thay got. That was me ringing the phone ten times from Los Angeles trying to ask if he left yet. For the record I was going to buy it without seeing it. Do me a favor treat her well.
BenT
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jun 21 2006, 07:06 PM) *

Hi ben Welcome to the club. I hope you get that with the intro I was only kiding. I like seeing anyone get a GREAT deal,and all the better when the person understands what thay got. That was me ringing the phone ten tinmes from Los Angeles trying to ask if he left yet. Leamon. For the record I was going to buy it without seeing it. Do me a favor treat her well.

Thanks all for the warm welcome, everyone. I don't offend easily. I'm used to sarcasm from hanging out on the Vanagon List.

She is coming to a good home and in good company. I just sold htree of my vehcile so there should be some room for her. icon_bump.gif

BenT
70 914-6 (the new baby)
73 914S
77 930S slopenose conversion
81 911SC Ruf 3.2
89 Audi 200 TQ Avant
90 Vanagon GL 2.1 WBX
89 Syncro 16 Doublecab 1.9TD
88 Doublecab 2.1 WBX (soon to be 1.9TD)
85 Syncro Doublecab 2.1 WBX
84 Vanagon GL 2.2 turbo Subie
84 Vanagon Adventurewagen 1.9 WBX
84 Vanagon GL 1.9 WBX
82 Vanagon GL 1.8 I-4
97 Land Rover Bowler Tomcat
73 Opel GT
79 MB 280TE
79 MB 300TD
86 VW GTi
80 VW Caddy
99 Honda CRV

3.2 MSDS conversion kit for Vanagon waiting for an engine and sutiable van.
BenT
Anyone notice the plates? If only the one move over to the left... then I would just need to change my name to macth the initials.

BenT
scrz914
I called on this one too and talked to the lady but got "Oh it's just been sold".
I was mad for the rest of the day...had to have a brew and a shot to settle down.
Congrats.
Joe Bob
If the mechanicals are good, smoking deal.

I picked one up in similar shape for about the same price....turned it for 16K a few years back....take your time and look for the deals to put er back...
BenT
QUOTE("Z" @ Jun 22 2006, 11:04 AM) *

If the mechanicals are good, smoking deal.

I picked one up in similar shape for about the same price....turned it for 16K a few years back....take your time and look for the deals to put er back...

I have a tough time letting any car go. Probably why I have so many. I had an unbuilt Kellison Astra that I hung on to for 27 years. Finally let it go last summer for 10 times what I paid for it. I never could bring myself to cutting the floor to fit it over a 76 914-6 conversion I had stored under it. I figured I must have made about $81.48 per year storing it. That's a whopping 23 cents a day! Sometimes we should just learn to let go. Easy to say. Hard to do. headbang.gif

BenT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.