Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pulling a wireing harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
I figure I'd pull the harness on the parts car. Rather have it rust slowly in the shed than out in the field at the farm.

How do you get the plastic bits thru the tunnel? Or snip snip?

I've pulled the front part into the car and have the back part up to the tunnel.
JeffBowlsby
Take the plastic housings off. The wire terminals should have tangs that you depress to release the housings.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 19 2006, 10:18 PM) *

Take the plastic housings off. The wire terminals should have tangs that you depress to release the housings.

agree.gif plastic housings come off the harness, you can put 'em back on later ...

no need to cut anything ...

sometimes, it's easier to feed individual wires or parts of the loom through first and not all at once, that way, you reduce the overall diameter of what needs to be pulled through a tight spot ...

smile.gif Andy
dflesburg
LOL,

I got mine out without cutting it, then cut it up later to make preps for the 3.2

Luckly through this site, I found some great cable wraps for my harness, look better than factory and they can be taken off and put back on if needed.

lapuwali
It seems to work best to pull the harness towards the fusebox, so it all ends up in the driver's footwell when you're done.
grasshopper
what year harness? I need one.
SirAndy
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Jun 20 2006, 07:44 AM) *

It seems to work best to pull the harness towards the fusebox

agree.gif don't try to pull the front through the center tunnel, everything has to come out the drivers footwell ...

smile.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.